Anyone fitted the latest MC Cruise Control to a Roadster

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
Anyon fitted the latest MC Cruise Control, the one with the electronic servo, to a Roadster. I am told the bracket retaining the electronic servo needs some modification to fit the Roadster.

If so I would like know what mods were done to the bracket.

I have spoken to MC Cruise in Sydney, they are very helpful and aware there is a small issue with the servo bracket on Roadsters. I sent them some photos to help get the bracket modified.

What is the difference? I fitted mine to my '04 - some call them standard but whatever. I held the bracket to the mount position with the servo in place to see what was in the way, put the bracket in a vice and "tapped" with a hammer... to bend the bracket open, repeated the process several times until I was nearly happy. Marked a bit of the 'ring" at the front with a texta and ground it off until I was a bit more happy. Fiddled, farted and filed until I was very happy then mounted it up and behold .... I was ecstatic.
Moral of the story .... don't be afraid to Fiddle, Fart, File or Flog until it Fits.

Last edited:
What is the difference? I fitted mine to my '04 - some call them standard but whatever. I held the bracket to the mount position with the servo in place to see what was in the way, put the bracket in a vice and "tapped" with a hammer... to bend the bracket open, repeated the process several times until I was nearly happy. Marked a bit of the 'ring" at the front with a texta and ground it off until I was a bit more happy. Fiddled, farted and filed until I was very happy then mounted it up and behold .... I was ecstatic.
Moral of the story .... don't be afraid to Fiddle, Fart, File or Flog until it Fits.
Its only ok to fiddle with your own bits tho - you should not be helping a friend in this way unless that floats your boat of course.

The difference is there is a part of the Roadster ABS system bolted on the frame that stops the cruise control electronic servo bracket fitting correctly. I know they were trying to get a Roadster to see where to modify the servo bracket.
I guess I will give them a call.
They are running 21st Birthday special so there is a saving to buy now.

There seems to be no reason to mount the servo underneath. I asked if it would be OK to mount it high, under the tank and the response was that if it was mounted high on a Harley the servo would cook, I have toyed with the idea of putting it in my redundant air cleaner box. I think that as long as the activation cable is free it can go anywhere.

There seems to be no reason to mount the servo underneath. I asked if it would be OK to mount it high, under the tank and the response was that if it was mounted high on a Harley the servo would cook, I have toyed with the idea of putting it in my redundant air cleaner box. I think that as long as the activation cable is free it can go anywhere.
I did exactly that with my Rostra

Back