anyone else have this happen to rocket???

seeya

Supercharged
about 2000 rpm was getting a vibration, i could feel it in the bars and floorboards, didn't matter what gear I was in, if I took my index finger and took the freeplay out of the clutch lever it would be smooth as silk. Took the bike to the dealer last week and had it checked, dealer said there was a nut in the clutch that was backing off and had ruined one clutch plates. I asked if there was any other damage done to the basket or anything else, he assured me there wasn't, soooooooo waiting on parts now. hope it soon gets together, I'm having withdrawl !!!

Where did you bring the bike for service... I am not that far from you in Windber... 50 minutes maybe down rt 219....

Mike....

update...... called dealer today, got some parts, others backed ordered :( :( :( :( very frustrated.... I know its ONLY two weeks BUT I would have put on about 1500 miles, I love my rocket and can't wait to get it back, I REALLY NEED TO GET ON TWO WHEELS!!!!!!

Have you had a go at the clutch adjustment wheel (nut) at the lever end of that cable? Sometimes adjusting it a bit creates the symptom you mentioned. Maybe adjusting it "the other way" could help??

CAPTAIN J said:
update...... called dealer today, got some parts, others backed ordered :( :( :( :( very frustrated.... I know its ONLY two weeks BUT I would have put on about 1500 miles, I love my rocket and can't wait to get it back, I REALLY NEED TO GET ON TWO WHEELS!!!!!!

Yeah seems Triumph is narrowing its inventory in Atlanta... Parts that Timmy always got in 3-4 days from Atlanta are back ordered from England... Bet they are minimizing inventory cause of the weak dollar just as they cut 50% of the '08 orders to the US... Hope to ride with you soon...

Mike...

Back