Anybody use this Oil Temp Gauge...

Thought about it but it would just be for '****z and giggles' as how the hell would your read it while riding and when would you want to stop, get off and check the oil temp in a remote reservoir that has airflow on it and is not likely to represent the oil temp in the engine itself.

if you have a real reason tap in to the engine itself but as the bike runs a dry sump you would have to tap a gallery or oil line - still do-able but oil pressure would be far more useful I would think.

For those who have purchased this how accurate is it? Seems like a nice piece...

Oil Temperature Gauge Triumph Rocket III
I had one. It worked for about a year. I don't know why it gave out so quick, there aren't many parts to go bad.
It was a good reference when I first got the bike, and was trying different tunes with intake and exhaust changes. I've seen as much as a 10 degree difference from one tune to another.

I picked up a digital one this winter from a dealer who was getting rid of old stock...great price. Works well so far. I think the analogue model is better though because you can see the needle at a glance. With the Triumph digital one, you need to press a button and then square up to the screen to see the readout in sunlight. I don't think they are being made any more.

Back