CrzystghndKC

Triumph guy happy he didn't work for Harley.
Ride
Triumph: 2005 & 2011 R3 Roadster
Got up this morning to my 05 R3 to work. Noticed the bike seemed to hesitate the backwards roll I have to do to get down my driveway to get to the street. Bike shifted it usual clunky shifts to work. When I went to park could not get the bike to shift to neutral. Shut the bike off, pop right into neutral. Turned the bike back on and not able to shift. You can see where this is going. Not running shifts. Running no shift while stationary. Any ideas?? Get to the repair shop as soon as possible?

With only a couple thousand miles under my belt this kind of thing has happened to me a couple times but just momentarily.......so, anxious to learn what this about.....good luck to both of us. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
With only a couple thousand miles under my belt this kind of thing has happened to me a couple times but just ecemomentarily.......so, anxious to learn what this about.....good luck to both of us. :thumbsup:
Update: Clutch cable was stretched beyond adjusters ability. I screwed the adjuster all the way out then slipped in a spacer to take up more slack. Problem gone. When I bought this bike the clutch adjuster was about at limit. Seems overnight it finally stretched beyond its ability to completely disengage the engine. What a relief.

Back