Any tuners you would recommend in Upper MidWest

Akita Man

.040 Over
I will be adding the Tors this week and will consider Ramair or short term KN under seat...who is a component tuner in WI, IL, IA, area?

The biggest problem your going to find is nobody in the whole state seems to have heard of TUNE ECU or Tuneboy. The only r3 that was modified that I ever saw around in milwaukee was a guy who bought it already dynotuned from some shop in chicago. You do have the option of a PCv controller that plugs between the ECU and the injectors, it has a standalone mapping program that most bike dyno shops are familiar with, and will be able to tune.

There are maps already out there for a similar setup to what you will have, provided you go with a different filter setup. For the price of a cable (20$) you can download the tune yourself and see how it goes. The Rockets EFI is about on the level of a 80s car. Stray a bit from stock and the bike will run lean, it wont really correct the fueling itself. There is no such thing as a off the shelf tune thats perfect, every bike will be slightly different and its best to actually put the bike on a dyno and tune it there to start. However I think you will find tunes that will get you close to where you want to be.

Buy the K&N filters. A few guys are reporting that the Ram Air has problems with the rubber flange cracking at the attachment points on the injectors. I used the K&N RU-2780 filters and got a great price from Auto Zone. Also There are a few guys that put the air temp sensor into the top of the # 1 air cleaner. Also I think you can save some money by not buying the breather filter either. The bottom of the under seat air box has the breather tube hole in it. You can glue or tape some air filter foam to that hole. Dont leave the breather un filtered. Also by using the K&N filters the bear claw will fit. I removed the secondaries and the bike is completely different on the performance side. Quicker throttle response and more torque at a lower RPM. You should download the Tune from and buy the cable from www.lonelec.co.uk its easier than you think and it will give you a chance to get to know your Rocket. View media item 10437View media item 10405

Back