Any Rocket Captains living in Vegas???

Rocketrottie

Loving life in Nevada.
Ride
06 Triumph Rocket 3
Just wondering if anyone here is currently living in Las vegas.
Company has offered me a position there.

Have been there recently and love the riding out there.
It was only 90 degrees at the time. March / April

I dont gamble nor do I drink much.

But love cruising the bike and the cheap real estate.
Seems like so much to do and see. Just sick of the East coast.

Would be so nice to own a home out right with no mortgage.
I know that if my Wife and I leave Connecticut we will never be able to come back.
just too expensive here.

Yes Wife does want to move as well.

Any thoughts would be apreciated!
Peace! :cool:

I do not live in Vegas, but have been there many times and have several friends who live there and love it. Summer is very hot and dry. My opinion is the entertainment, restauraunts and sights are excellent and not expensive for the locals. I would personally see the greatest benefit being year round riding but several friends that live there comment the change of seasons is the element they miss most. I say, sure the change of season is novelty, but the cold, snowy weather is far more of a negative than the refreshing spring is a positive. Why am I still in northern Ohio???

Hi From Vegas

I have lived here in Vegas for 18 yrs. I just picked up a 2011 Rocket III Touring and love the riding out here. Any questions about Vegas feel free to shoot me an email @ lvdjc@aol.com Dave

Welcome to the site from Irvine, Kentucky. we Have some friends and family in the sin city would like to make it out to visit every one. some other friends have told me you can't tell Night from day :rolleyes:

The Real Sin City

Awesome! :DI will be in touch!
Looking at houses right now. Friggin deals are all over the place.
Might buy a few.

In many respects the real estate market in Vegas is in free fall. You buy a crib for about a buck fifty...two bucks at most. Buy half a dozen and rent 'em to burnt out gamblers and has-been show girls. Maybe in a decade or two they will be worth five or ten dollars. My dad lives in Northern Vegas and we visit him and his lovely wife every summer. His community is self contained, however, and several cuts above most of the cheesy crap everywhere in SinCity. Some of the depressed offerings ARE nice though.

We almost never hit the strip as we too don't gamble. All the glitz and gleam, hundreds of tons of fantastic plastic and the blinding night life are alluring in a decadent, seedy sort of way. All feels a bit greasy and profane after a few hours though. When we get back to our room the first thing we rush for is the shower:eek::eek:

Back