any rider backrest and trailer hitch available?

rocketrookie

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
Hi guys, it's me again, rocketrookie. Does anyone know of any rider (driver) backrest available for the 2007 Rocket III Classic? I have the one-piece dual seat. I already know my back will be aching on long rides, so I really need a backrest for the lower back support. Also I would like to find a trailer hitch, so I can tow my Lees-ure Lite motorcycle camper. Any suggestions? Thanks very much, guys.

The seat is still available as new stock but the back pad is now obsolete and fetch a good price. Good luck mate..

Plenty of threads if you search or look at the 5 related threads posted below every thread.

This eBay listing is for the fairly rare factory solution that came out with the early Standard R3 as an option and was stock with some Classic 'Tourer' models up to 2008. It was then available as an accessory until they stopped manufacture of the back rest unit they source from and external supplier who was charging them too much it is assumed.

It also fits Roadster models. The seat is the one piece dual seat like yours but has a square hole for the rider's backrest with a plastic plug when backrest not fitted. That seat also has an unplugged version without the hole but the holey version has been on sale in the UK and Australia for years now for around AU$172 (US$130). The backrests have been unavailable from dealers for years but occassionly turn up - I have had 3 with seats so far.

The next options are aftermarket seats and back rests like Corbin or just get the backrest to fit to existing separate solo and pillion seat combos like the Utopia branded ones.

Some of us have made our own rider's backrest, like me.

If you search the forum for threads wioth the words in Bold above you should find it all.

TRIUMPH ROCKET TOURING SEAT & RIDER BACKREST & BRACKET CLASSIC ROADSTER NO/3476* | eBay

I finally got the Corbin seat for my 07 Classic Tourer and found a backrest on ebay for about half the price of new. I absolutely hated the stock Triumph seat. My 09 Touring came with the seat as described by Ishrub, that is, the original owner bought it when he purchased the bike. I finally removed the backrest for local riding only because I was having trouble getting a leg over it to mount the bike. It folds down but springs back into place as soon as let go.

Oh and on the Corbin, I bought mine new but then not two weeks later one popped up on ebay.

And that's a gang busters price for the seat on ebay.

I really like my Utopia, though I don’t use it for commuting. For long rides it’ll go on, like RAA etc. The adjustability is crucial to getting it in a spot you can lean into. The pouch on the back is great for storing registration etc.

While we’re speaking of trailers, is it possible to tow a Rocket Roadster with a Rocket Touring safely? Would be hilarious to tow my R3R with a turbo R3T to race days :p

Was at the worlds most southern triumph dealer on Friday and they sold a seat with the hole in it for $320 nz had been in the shop for about 6 years.

I really like my Utopia, though I don’t use it for commuting. For long rides it’ll go on, like RAA etc. The adjustability is crucial to getting it in a spot you can lean into. The pouch on the back is great for storing registration etc.

While we’re speaking of trailers, is it possible to tow a Rocket Roadster with a Rocket Touring safely? Would be hilarious to tow my R3R with a turbo R3T to race days :p

HEH! HEH! HEH!
My old, now brother Dan's, trailer does a great job of hauling two road beasts state to state.
Let me know if ya ever need to use it.

I have a couple of options which i can use depending on if i have a pillion or not.
images.jpg

images (1).jpg

s-l225.jpg

These are not photos of my bike but the same seats/backrests.
The back rest on its own which fits into the square hole on the long seat isnt available any longer
....you gotta be lucky to get one. Iv'e had mine since three bikes ago and not selling.

Back