Any photos of the under the seat air filter replacement

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
Would anyone have before and after photos of the fitting the under the tank air filter to the Roadster.
Does this mode help the motor breath better?

No pics,
but to answer the question,
yea it lets the motor take in more air,
but you also have to do something to the exhaust side,
or it won't help much, if at all.
it's one thing to be able to take in more air,
but you also need to be able to open up the exhale feature,
for the extra air to escape if that makes sense.
Of course, if you do these options, you'll be "lean", leaner than stock.
You'll need something to fix your A/F ratio.
PC3 or 5, Tuneboy, freeware, or Dobeck.
Hope this helps,
ride safe,
skip

Xhdskip, I doubt I will end up with any more than Stain Tune exhaust with the cross over and the under seat air filter set up, the Roadster I rode recently had the three K&Ns fitted and the intake roar was quite loud.
Then I will learn how to find and add a good map using the Tune ECU software.

I took delivery of my new Roadster on Friday, so now I am Roadster owner, and it's great, had a 150km ride home, cant wait for my next ride.

Xhdskip, I doubt I will end up with any more than Stain Tune exhaust with the cross over and the under seat air filter set up, the Roadster I rode recently had the three K&Ns fitted and the intake roar was quite loud.
Then I will learn how to find and add a good map using the Tune ECU software.

The tripples are only noisey in a relative sense. Get a bit more rumble in your exhaust (eg Staintune, TORs, Jardine etc) and you won't even hear them. Not sure what was on the bike you rode but if it had the larger protruding pods then they probably make more noise than the smaller ones that can sit under the bear claw. I have that set up (with TORs) and it sounds fantastic. Even with the bear claw off completely I don't really hear the intake (all that much). :D:D

The colour is Phatom Black, which seems to have dark blue speckle in it.

Are Stain Tune mufflers the same OD and length as the stock and how much louder than TORS.

Back