scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
museum.jpg

TICKETS. Don't miss out on this incredible three-day weekend, October 6-8, 2017. Make plans to come!

Tickets to the 13th Annual Barber Vintage Festival Presented by the Triumph Dealers of North America will be on sale soon. For answers to commonly asked questions, check out the Ticket FAQs page.

Probably the largest triumph sponsored event in North America, it is held on the grounds of Barber Motorcycle Museum one of the largest if not largest motorcycle museums in the world, the event is held every Oct and I have not missed one in quite a few years.
Barbers Museum is located in Leeds Alabama just outside Birmingham Alabama

I am strongly considering going. I have plans on the 6th and it's 670 miles away.... I could reschedule and take a day off of work..... :unsure::banghead:

I plan to attend (I do every year). Some advice: Make sure you bring comfortable walking attire with plenty of sunscreen/sun protection, also a backpack to carry water, snacks, and anything you purchase onsite. They have an excellent shuttle service, but you will still walk you a$$ off. If your are not sure what days you'll attend, buy your tickets when you arrive. They sell tickets at the motel and the auto parking field before you get to the entrance road. Costs $5 more, but tickets bought online are not refundable. If you have excess gear you can't store securely on your bike, visit the museum ($15.00) as the museum has a check room which will secure your stuff. Try to get there early as it gets really crowded after lunch, especially if you want to purchase the goods on sale at the Triumph display (normally sold out by noon). I normally arrive on Thursday so I can spend an entire day in the museum without having to buy an event ticket. Then I attend the event and the museum on Friday. I normally don't attend Saturday as it gets terribly crowded. Sunday is a good day, fewer people, but everything is picked over and vendors start closing down. It would be REAL neat if we could get all us Rocket riders to show up first thing Friday (or Saturday) morning and fill the circle parking area at the museum entrance with Rockets! Or we can take over the small parking area right in front of the Triumph display. If you have not attended before, it will be a life changing event! You will see miles and miles of motorcycles, motorcycle parts, and motorcycle displays. As a side note, you will meet the nicest folks there, always willing to talk to you about motorcycles.

This will be my 5th year I also arrive on the Thursday and spend a day in the museum before all the peasants arrive on the Friday:D I buy the membership that allows me all the drinks(soda, milk, coffee) that i can drink and they feed me twice a day well worth the cost.
Saturday is not to bad as they have improved the shuttle service each year plus vehicles are not allowed in except for the designated parking which frees up the shuttle service quite a bit.
My Rocket is always in front of the building for everyone to admire in fact as this is a Triumph event it should only be Triumphs allowed out front, here is a picture with me and my big buddy last year he begged me to have a picture with him and who am I to say no(the big guy is MrBarber)
IMG_0320.JPG

Back