Any difference between 2009 and 2013 tour models?

DodahMan

Turbocharged
Ride
Yamaha Roadstar, 2011 Triumph Rocket III Tour
Hey y'all, back again with another question. I now know that the R3 tour will be the one for me. Rode a new roadster this weekend and it for sure is too small. I think the tour model is best for me BUT because I have my eyes on a 2009 model as well as a 2013 . . . I have a question.

Is there any difference between these two years? I have read that the 09s had some tranny issues, etc but nothing at all negative about the 13's. Too bad Triumph will no longer make the tour model.

I think that the 13 might have abs not sure I have an 09 touring 46,000 miles no problems
Thanks. They all look the same, regardless of year and that is fine with me. Reminds me a little of Mercedes and how they kept specific model looks for years on end. I could care less about heated grips.

Some of the 13's had ABS but not all .I had Almost 43,000 on mine before crashing it.

Some of the 13's had ABS but not all .I had Almost 43,000 on mine before crashing it.
Oh man . . . hope you came through it ok. Did the beast get away from you or did some texting soccer mom do you in? Back in 1990, I crashed my 85 GS1150e and spent 12 days in the hospital. An idiot crossed three lanes of traffic pulling right in front of me. I hit him going 45mph. Lucky to be here. I wonder if ABS is worth it. I ride a full dressed roadstar close to 700lbs and have no problems braking.

You can get the azzari blue in the 2009 , best color scheme they done for the tourer , ask me how i know,,, LOL

You can get the azzari blue in the 2009 , best color scheme they done for the tourer , ask me how i know,,, LOL
I was told that the original tour models had the same engine tuning as the roadsters but at some point it changed. Any idea when they changed it?

IDK about the tuning, but it's all in the ECU, a $20 cable and freeware will get you all that back and more.

Back