scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
At last People we might have a Real solution to the rear tyre problem, I have been in contact with L-Futon they are a retread company the Only retreads they do are for bikes, they have Only been in business for about a year. prices are Low he said about $65.00 for a Rocket rear. do not know to much about retreads waiting on some more info, does anyone have any insight about this.

At last People we might have a Real solution to the rear tyre problem, I have been in contact with L-Futon they are a retread company the Only retreads they do are for bikes, they have Only been in business for about a year. prices are Low he said about $65.00 for a Rocket rear. do not know to much about retreads waiting on some more info, does anyone have any insight about this.
I ran a car retread on a bike tyre for a sidecar and had two let go.... lucky it was on the sidecar and not a solo! So I learnt not to skimp on tyres.... you get what you pay for. My two bobs!!!

I wouldn't run a retread tires in my care any more I tried them years ago and they would come apart after a little while so I would definitely not run one on a bike in my opinion it would be way to dangerous just my 2 cents

They would also be legally speed limit rated at 80mph or less and your insurance would be likely to be worthless. I still have a couple of now rock-hard 18" radial m/cycle tyres with flat car type re-treads in my shed I bought 20 years ago when running on Suzuki GS1000 and GSX11000 sidecars. I never had one separate but they are too wide to fit my BMW R100RS outfit.
Being rock hard can be an asset on street outfits when going out as long as your pants aren't too tight!;):D

I was behind a semi on a bike some years ago, and had a retread fly off it, and go sailing past my head. The piece was big enough that it would have knocked me off :eek:

I was behind a semi on a bike some years ago, and had a retread fly off it, and go sailing past my head. The piece was big enough that it would have knocked me off :eek:
Probably would have killed you outright if it had hit you. Those things weigh heaps, not just a rubber band!

Back