John Ward

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic 2008
Ey up people.... been out on the rocket today and have noticed it sort of backfires on the odd occasion on the left hand side..not sure if its exhaust or into standard air intake.. my set up is totally standard apart from cat bypass.. oh and its a 2008 classic with the 3 pipe set up.. I have the secondary's set 100% open in all gears, and have copied I3 table into I2 and I1 … do you think this could be the cause? Only does it at low revs coming down the box...other than that runs smooth n goes like a rocket!

Last edited:
My 06 has backed through the throttle bodies since I have had it on 3 different maps

I was under the impression they all do this bit like big singles do

However if I ride smooth and low rpm It does it very little the harder I ride it he more it does it

I'm curious about the terms. Is it an actual backfire or just decel back popping?

On my 07 Classic I got some decel back popping, a lean issue, when I installed the cat bypass and the Jardines, even with the Triumph TORs tune. It all went away when I downloaded the HansO tune years ago.

As Steel noted though, doing it on only one side suggests perhaps another issue like a leak. That was the case on my BMW.

I get a little backfire when I blip the throttle when she’s idling, every now and then. Not the first bike I’ve owned that has done this.

I'm curious about the terms. Is it an actual backfire or just decel back popping?

On my 07 Classic I got some decel back popping, a lean issue, when I installed the cat bypass and the Jardines, even with the Triumph TORs tune. It all went away when I downloaded the HansO tune years ago.

As Steel noted though, doing it on only one side suggests perhaps another issue like a leak. That was the case on my BMW.

Nope its not decal popping I get that as well... more like a cough n a fart blipping the throttle as you change down ...Deffo coming from left side... Put my previous tune back on which seems to have cured the beast so im thinking it was something to do with the tune I was running.

Back