Another Triumph dealer gone...

9Ball

Supercharged
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Standard
....got a letter from Triumph corporate last Friday that said the dealer I bought my '07 from is no longer a Triumph dealer. They listed 3 other dealers, but one was over 120 miles from where I lived when I bought the bike.

The dealer was Shambeau's Recreation in Two Rivers, WI. I moved across the country in '08 so it doesn't affect me, but it is sad to see another one gone. Pete Shambeau gave great prices for the OEM accessories and parts and had a nice little showroom.

About a year after we moved to NJ, DeSimone in Marlton went out of business too. It was a great high end dealer with Triumph, BMW, Ducati, and I believe Victory brands on the showroom floor.

Definitely something anyone buying a Triumph needs to take into account...along with whether the closest dealers are even competent to work on our bikes.

There's been a couple here in England that were long time Triumph dealers..and
fairly well respected..i think one of them went back to the Meridan days.
The story is that Triumph wanted them to upgrade their showrooms..and the dealers
either couldn't or wouldn't.
It's a shame..because a bad dealer can spoil the taste of any motorcycle brand

Ray

I think that they would serve as a very fine model for what other Triumph shops should shoot for!;)

Generally speaking, the best Triumph dealers (in terms of lasting power) are those that stick to only selling Euro brands. Dealers that try to sell them along side the Japanese bikes don't usually last very long as their clientele isn't the demographic that Triumphs appeal to.

Back