flhtpi

.060 Over
I added another triple to the garage (1973 Suzuki GT 550). Due to the condition and price I had to have it. It seems like yesterday when these two strokes ruled the street. It handles bad, stops poor, but makes me smile when I ride it.

Bikes like that relaxing to ride. I did the break-in miles on a new Bonny this year and had a blast putting 500 miles on it. You're not going blast down a drag strip or tear past an S3 in the sweepers, but it's just fun fun bike to ride.

Enjoy the new ride!

That's a beautiful bike.. I grew up working on those and many of the bikes from that era. The scariest bike I ever got to ride was a hopped up GT 750 "water buffalo". It was bored, heads shaved, really large flat-slide carbs, and chrome expansion chamber exhausts. It didn' t stop.. it didn' t handle.. but my God, when you whacked that throttle open it just about put you in the Rollie Free riding position! That bike was gone, and you better have a hold of the handlebars.. lol

Nice find. I used to have the (Kawasaki) 750 triple and it ran like hell. Felt like doing pull ups just hanging on to it.

I had opne of those a few years back. It was a barn bike I rescued. Lot of fun building it.:eek:

Back