Another tire question

RKTNMYPKT

Village Idiot
Ride
2021 HD RoadGlide
After 7500 miles my rear tire is toast, I have also noticed a small amount of cupping on the front.

I ordered up the Bridgestone Exedra Max for the rear and the Avon Cobra for the front.

The Service manager at The Triumph shop told me that since the tires have different tread patterns the bike would feel weird, he likened it to wearing two different shoes :thumbsdown:

Is there any truth to this?
Have those of you you who are running this tire combination noticed any unusual handling?

As always thanks!

Having a DS tyre on the rear, and an Avon rear tyre on the front (with the direction reversed as per manufacturer's instructions), I would have to humbly disagree with the service manager, and concur with Hans0's eloquent discourse.

Sounds like he wants to sell you a more expensive tire , im just guessing.............

As long as both tires are radials you will be fine. If you had a bias tire and a radial it would definitely feel weird.

After 7500 miles my rear tire is toast, I have also noticed a small amount of cupping on the front.

I ordered up the Bridgestone Exedra Max for the rear and the Avon Cobra for the front.

The Service manager at The Triumph shop told me that since the tires have different tread patterns the bike would feel weird, he likened it to wearing two different shoes :thumbsdown:

Is there any truth to this?
Have those of you you who are running this tire combination noticed any unusual handling?

As always thanks!

No WAY!
I used to be serious about the common brand tire on both wheels.
Since this bastard sized Rocket wheels, I have learned exactly the opposite of what that guy is telling you.
I still feel it is important to not mix bias and radial tires.

Having a DS tyre on the rear, and an Avon rear tyre on the front (with the direction reversed as per manufacturer's instructions), I would have to humbly disagree with the service manager, and concur with Hans0's eloquent discourse.

Hey, Mate,
Would you walk me through the reasoning of this rear tire reversed when mounted on front wheel thingy?

Back