Another question for the Gear heads ! :) RE: Ramair!I Was hoping someone could help me with this on

Lifelong Biker

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Rocket III roadster 2004 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
I was hoping someone could help me with this one question. I recently installed the RAMAIR filter set up. 2011 Roadster, have TORs pipes and was mapped for TORs by local dealer. Now that I installed the Ramair, I "of course " get that awesome air induction sound. But I also get a rattle type sound, ( on exceleration sometimes ) is this just the injectors making nosie, that I didn't hear with the old air box on? Or do I need a tune. Not sure if I can handle the TUNE ECU, never did one before , but am mechanicly inclined As always any responses are appreiated !

I was hoping someone could help me with this one question. I recently installed the RAMAIR filter set up. 2011 Roadster, have TORs pipes and was mapped for TORs by local dealer. Now that I installed the Ramair, I "of course " get that awesome air induction sound. But I also get a rattle type sound, ( on exceleration sometimes ) is this just the injectors making nosie, that I didn't hear with the old air box on? Or do I need a tune. Not sure if I can handle the TUNE ECU, never did one before , but am mechanicly inclined As always any responses are appreiated !
The stock TOR tune wil be too lean. You should get with TuneECU ASAP.

I'm about to order the TUNE ECU for Triumph motorcycle! Hopefully I can handle this !

There isn't any ordering involved for TuneECU. Go here and download the program onto a laptop if you have one. It makes it easier than taking your bike inside to the computer ;). Do a search and see what cable most have had luck with and order that one. After that it is as simple as reading through the TuneEcu section here and possibly watching a you tube or two to see the basics.

bob

Now that I installed the Ramair, I "of course " get that awesome air induction sound. But I also get a rattle type sound, ( on exceleration sometimes ) is this just the injectors making nosie, that I didn't hear with the old air box on?
For a start - YOU NEED Les's OZ-Claw. it will kill the chirping/rattling and with some little mods WILL keep the air intake temp in check. It works well with RamAir- seems to seal off the lower edge from hot air wash off the radiator.

Unless you have a proper way to measure AFR ratios - BE CAREFUL messing with fuel values. Consider PVC-AT or Dobeck-AFR.

There isn't any ordering involved for TuneECU. Go here and download the program onto a laptop if you have one. It makes it easier than taking your bike inside to the computer ;). Do a search and see what cable most have had luck with and order that one. After that it is as simple as reading through the TuneEcu section here and possibly watching a you tube or two to see the basics.

bob

I ment to say I was ordering the Tune EC >>> "Cable" to up load the download to the ECM

For a start - YOU NEED Les's OZ-Claw. it will kill the chirping/rattling and with some little mods WILL keep the air intake temp in check. It works well with RamAir- seems to seal off the lower edge from hot air wash off the radiator.

Unless you have a proper way to measure AFR ratios - BE CAREFUL messing with fuel values. Consider PVC-AT or Dobeck-AFR.

So is the "chirping / rattling" normal injector/throttle body sounds or is it bad air /fuel mixture causing it??

So is the "chirping / rattling" normal injector/throttle body sounds or is it bad air /fuel mixture causing it??
It does chirp and you are running too lean. While driving to get my bike tuned, having jardines and triple K&N's, I didn't notice any weird noises. It wasn't running great though and the air/fuel was 15 when they tested it.

Bikes differ -

Even with a PCV adjusting mixtures, mine made/makes HORRID and irritating "chirping" noises with triple K&N's. Was less loud with the RamAir - Chirps changed from right side to left side when I fitted the heat wall and went away with Les's claw. With The Ramair predecessor made by ITG it sounds like a jack-hammer. The Oz-Claw and Ramair could have been made for each other - fit wise.

Back