Brembo

.020 Over
Hello, I'm Brembo. I've reading you guys for a while and thought it was time to become a part of this great site. I'm the proud owner of a fast...fast black turbo charged R3. My good friend Hombre posted a pick of my bike once. It's in the shop right now getting the gears undercut and having the engine painted Black. One day Hombre and I will have to race by posting time slips since I live in Gods country and he lives in Virginny. I enjoy the info you guys give and really like the pics:D

welcome

Welcome to the site. I doubt if I will be any technical help to you seeing your are Hombre's friend. He seems to be very well informed. Maybe you can help me. Ride safe!
Dave

Brembo, good to see you finally posting over here... this is the forum for R3 Hoss Power! :D

Captain Brembo .... if you please

Glad you've joined in the search for facts, fun and a bit of frenzy thrown in for good measure. I understand the super charger is online all the way through the spectrum but does the turbo have to attain a certain rpm before it kicks in?:confused:

Thanks for the welcome.
Hombre, it's going to take a bit to keep up with that fine tuned machine of yours.
The turbo kicks in at 2400 rpm, very early. Off the line in 2nd gear it burns all the way to just about the top of 3rd. I may have to go to the dark side while at the strip to get her to bite. I'm going to lower the air pressure first, see if that helps. I'll tell you this, those BST's can take a beating. Great all around rim.

Brembo

Actually the R3 turbo vs supercharger debate is very interesting. You make much more torque than I do, but you make it at a lower RPM. I'll only see 4500 RPM (your torque peak) in the first 100 feet. After that, I drop back to just 5500 RPM on shifts. You probably shift at 6000 to drop back on your TQ peak.

I've always liked to have my TQ higher to use more of the RPM range. It's still unknown if this strategy will work with a heavy bike like the R3. Your higher max torque could make you quicker in the 1/4 mile. :mad:

Hombre, I'm going to check it out at the strip and see if I need to get Nev's cams. Torque on the high end his cams will provide might serve me better and a little off the bottom might get me out of the hole faster.

Back