Another newbe from Oz

CanberraR3

Living Legend
Ride
Triumphs, but no Rocket just now.
Finally decided on a Rocket after mulling over many options, including a few rice burners. Came very close to ording a T'Bird but found myself always eyeing off the RIII and actually almost feel for a Roadster. They seem great value, but couldn't see the point of the riding position changes and the can probably match the power quite simply. The ABS would be nice I guess. I picked up my '09 RIII 2 days ago and find myself going "yehar" and grinning all the way home. Love it, love it, love it. Will be interested in exhaust changes, but not until I start to feel the power is becoming a bit ho hum.

You Aussies are coming out of the woodwork lately! :D
Are they selling R3's door to door over there? lol
I wouldn't be too concerned about the "power increase" in 2010, I ain't convinced it's not just a numbers/tune/hey-look-over-there shell game being played for sales. :p
Welcome home.

Welcome to the world of Rocket power from Afghanistan. Enjoy your ride.

Dennis

64 dtg Dubai
65 dtg Home

Thanks for the welcome. You guys certainly keep busy on this site - I enjoy watching but will value any and all advice.

As an aside, I've noticed some comments from a compatriate (in Perth) in another discussion thread - about Triumph saddle bags - that seemed to inflame a few members and provoke some comments. I should explain the time difference between Perth and the rest of Australia. If you get a plane in Canberra or Sydney at, say, 9.00 am it willl be 1964 when you arrive in the west.

Have had 2 days of heavy rain so have spent my 4th and 5th days of Rocket ownership looking at the sky and pacing up and down, repositioned the touring pegs, repacked the saddle bags, tried out the riding position, adjusted and readjusted the head lights, pulled out the tool kit and polioshed all the pieces and researched possible (future) exhoust mods. Don't normally let the rain bother me too much but the bike is still sooooo **** shiny!!!.

Bye for now.

Back