Another New Rocket III Touring Owner

Buffalo Soldier R3T

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket III Touring
Flew from NYC to Midland, TX to pick up a 2013 R3T (miles were low a price was right!) then rode 3,000 miles back to NY. I managed to get in scenic rides on journey home: The Three Sisters-TX, Natchez Trace Parkway-MS, Cherahola Skyway, Tail of the Dragon and Blue Ridge Parkway-NC and Skyline Drive-VA. I shipped a fairing, trunk, cb radio and a few other accessories the dealer installed and the bike handled great! Only wish I had on the long ride back was Cruise Control but I picked up cramp buster in NC, but I really think Triumph should add a cruise control to it touring version of the R3 for riders that literally want to tour. I was surprised how well the bike handled on hairpin turns when I rode the Dragon and managed to scrape the floor board on a few turns! I've heard how hot the bike gets and riding thru Texas was not miserable, yes the pipes were hot but was not annoying. I thought the hot pipes would function as a heater when I hit the higher elevations of the Smokey and Blue Ridge Mountains but no luck! LOL! Riding in 50F the pipes offered no noticable warmth so looks like I will be adding a hook-up for my heated gear before autumn arrives. Overall, I'm really happy with the bike and would like to see Triumph add cruise control and a nice fiberglass fairing and trunk for riders that tour.

Let me know if or when you'd like to see God's country and some awesome riding routes about 50 miles to your west, Buffalo Soldier!

Oh, BTW, welcome to the site from New Jersey.

Welcome, what a nice ride home reckon you will well and truly be acquainted with her now :thumbsup:

2.3 litres of happy. I like that and it wil be plagiarized.
BS sounds like you had a good first date with your new girl.

Welcome from Germany! Riding the beast always makes you want to take the "long" way home! Good on ya for a heck of a first ride with her!

Back