Another Headlight Thread

scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
Ordered these two lights from Amazon yes they are Chinese knock offs and the only lights I am comparing them to are the stock lights, I have still to get to a wall and line them up but with a twenty mile ride last night --wow what a difference over stock and I thought the stock lights were fine but these babys put them to shame, longer reach in front more coverage on the sides.
Cost about $100 now will see how long they last.
One thing I had to do was get slightly longer bolts for holding the trim piece on but no big deal Lowes had so many they were selling them:D

416A6FSR7fL._AC_US218_.jpg

Scot, I believe these are the same ones I got on Amazon last week. I needed something to replace the stock lamps or get a seeing-eye cat for night driving. They seem to focus well on low beams without blinding oncoming traffic as well as increase my sight distance on the high beams. Worth 100 bucks to see the street! 20170401_195552.jpg

I had a riding buddy tell me that these type of lights are not as visible to others during daylight hours as stock lights. Have you found this to be true?

I had a riding buddy tell me that these type of lights are not as visible to others during daylight hours as stock lights. Have you found this to be true?
I would have to believe that they would be superior to the stock lamps just from the difference in night time driving. They do illuminate reflective signage before dark as the stock ones did not.

I would have to believe that they would be superior to the stock lamps just from the difference in night time driving. They do illuminate reflective signage before dark as the stock ones did not.
Look like the ones I got off Amazon a while back. have not installed them yet.

Around Atlanta I don't think our drivers can see a tractor trailer, motorcycles don't mean squat here. if you come through here you need to be good at dodge ball or rather I should say car. your life depends on it.

Look like the ones I got off Amazon a while back. have not installed them yet.
I think you will be impressed with the difference. One thing to notice is when you put the trim rings back on the new lights they will be a little snug while adjusting. Took me a couple of minutes to manage them. When they are correctly attached, the stock screws will still work but you may think they are gonna be short until the trim rings are on correctly. (Trim rings will only face one way and fit. Remember which direction they were facing when you remove them.) I also had to pull some of the length of the headlight cabling back through the rear grommet to make room in the can for the larger connection. I removed the small bulb from the lower of the stock lamp and wrapped it with electrical tape rather than removing it. It tucked behind the new lamp no problem.

Ordered these two lights from Amazon yes they are Chinese knock offs and the only lights I am comparing them to are the stock lights, I have still to get to a wall and line them up but with a twenty mile ride last night --wow what a difference over stock and I thought the stock lights were fine but these babys put them to shame, longer reach in front more coverage on the sides.
Cost about $100 now will see how long they last.
One thing I had to do was get slightly longer bolts for holding the trim piece on but no big deal Lowes had so many they were selling them:D

416A6FSR7fL._AC_US218_.jpg
Hey Scot, Have you noticed that the hi beam indicator stays on even if you switch back to lo beams? I think it may the difference in the load on the LED lamps.

Had these lights on for quite a few days now and have covered about 300miles night riding I do not give a crap if they are not as good as the HD lights all I can tell you is they are a lot better than the stock lights.

Relax, Amigo.
Nobody is stating the knock-offs are bad lights or not better than the OEM.
Even if they last only a few years, the bang for the buck is still good.
My only questions are longevity and which has the longest richard! :eek: :roll: :D

Last edited:
Back