Another Exhaust Question from a Noob:-)

RoxyRocket

Standard Bore
Ride
07 Rocket Classic, 12 Street Triple R , 02 Guzzi v11LeMans
Right now I am trying to determine what would be better to get a little more power and a more tone out of my Rocket. The thing is I love the look of the stock system of my 07. I want TORs but I think they are all packed up and shipped to Unobtainia.. None anywhere. Closest is Thunderbike or Staintune where it's kinda price and expensive to ship to the US. 2 options I was considering:
1) Running a stainless Decat through the stock pipes. Will I get decent sound by removing the cat? Im sure the power would be there.
2) ditching that idea and just going D&Ds. Sound great and are proven but missing that one side pipe.

Thoughts , other options and wisdom?

May I add I want to stay somewhat close to that old Stock Rocket look. She's been virtually unmolested and kinda want here to stay close to that with exception of maybe a pipe change.

with the correct tune, getting rid of the cat box will get you about 10hp, the TORs will give you about another 2. I have a tune for cat-delete, stock pipes, and triple K&N filters, which is available. The sound of that setup is also pretty good - not as loud as the TORS, but quite throaty when you pull on the throttle.

Every now and then the tors pop up on ebayyy. I far prefer the sound of the tours. I had an updated tune for the K&Ns before the pipes, but the tors definitely sound better. Not sure if there's some drilling that could be done for the stocks. I sold mine (and an extra set of tors I'd picked up). You could always try...nothing to loose if you're replacing them anyway ;)

just had my 15 plate roadster fitted with tors,decat link pipe and a k/n filter,
they were fitted by a triumph dealer and had the changes done to the ecu,i had this done there to keep my warrantee.
it feels as if it is smoother,and a nice sound not too loud,i didnt want that harley din.
when you gun it it sounds good too.
recommended.

just had my 15 plate roadster fitted with tors,decat link pipe and a k/n filter,
they were fitted by a triumph dealer and had the changes done to the ecu,i had this done there to keep my warrantee.
it feels as if it is smoother,and a nice sound not too loud,i didnt want that harley din.
when you gun it it sounds good too.
recommended.

Don't forget to deal with the bigger issue in pursuit of the perfect bike - HANDLING... Few of us can handle the power these awesome bike make from the factory anyway (although it seems that some can if you look at the pic of the stack of Nev Lush's old tires). To beat the Hyabusa,Xdiavel and GXR guys on a run is possible when you tame your monster by getting it to change direction better by improving the shocks, forks and tires which, unlike the motor, are deficient. There are a lot of super smart and experienced guys on here that will give you the info you need to do just that with a simple search. (note I didn't include gearbox in the "not deficient" category although I'm happy that I personally have had no issues to date with it).

Back