Another Easter Beaver kit question??

Lenny

.060 Over
Ride
06 Rocket Standard(RIP)
Ok please bear with me...i got the bike last week, upon searching and searching one of the Must have is this kit. Upon looking at the ebk site it shows 2 kits...which one do i need?

Last....i am a complete ***tard when it comes to electrical, does anybody here offer that type of install?

I could do alot of mechanical work but when i comes to wires and such i suck big time..i mean i rather let sum1 else burn my bike instead of me...(j/k).

Ok please bear with me...i got the bike last week, upon searching and searching one of the Must have is this kit. Upon looking at the ebk site it shows 2 kits...which one do i need?

Last....i am a complete ***tard when it comes to electrical, does anybody here offer that type of install?

I could do alot of mechanical work but when i comes to wires and such i suck big time..i mean i rather let sum1 else burn my bike instead of me...(j/k).
Hello Lenny, welcome to the forum, just email the guy and tell him which bike you got and he will send you the correct one, once you get it we can guide you to install it step by step:)

Send @DEcosse a message pretty sure he has a plug and play set up he sells.

There's just one dual-headlight kit for Rockets, and that's the one you want. Unless you talk to D'Ecosse, his kit is apparently a bit more plug and play, no surgery required on the cables, if I understand it correctly.

This is what you want for the R3 with dual headlights:

http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/Triumph/triumph.html

It's not rocket science :) though - bolt it straight to the battery terminals in one end, red to positive. Then hook up the other end (though you should do this in reverse, start with this part) to the headlight connectors on the one end. It's just a couple of cables per lamp. Very simple to do, even for someone not comfortable with wiring. EB recommends using Posilock connectors and cutting out the old connector on the bike which makes sense since this is going to be a permanent install anyway.

Posilocks are dead easy to use, almost can't fail - slide in the exposed cable end into the connector and tighten it by hand.

I installed the EB set up before I met Ken.
Definitely go with the @DEcosse set up, it is an easier install.

Purchase the standard H4 kit for the Rocket III. I don't recommend the cut-off switch version.
Then go to this thread and scroll to post #15 for pictorial instructions on how to install. http://www.r3owners.net/threads/standard-headlight-bulbs.9603/page-2

I have the EB switch and find it very useful.
Used with my @DEcosse wireless ignition, it is very handy when fussing with under seat wiring of accessories to have the power on with out and headlights.
Note that the switch only shuts down the low beam. Wired in a new Zumo GPS today and it worked well. Also when using Tune ECU it is handy for saving battery drain . . .
As always, this is JMHO based upon my personal experiences.

I don't recommend the cut-off switch version.
What is your objection to the cut-off version?
As 1olbull suggests it is useful addition and detracts nothing in reliability as operates on the low current side of relay

...Note that the switch only shuts down the low beam...

That is on the EB - on the DEcosse, it will cut whether on high OR low.

What is your objection to the cut-off version?
As 1olbull suggests it is useful addition and detracts nothing in reliability as operates on the low current side of relay

That is on the EB - on the DEcosse, it will cut whether on high OR low.

Then, where the heck were you when I did the EB???
That was PEG!
(Pre Electronic Guru) :roll:
BTW - I did recommend your's over the EB. :p

Back