Another Dealer gone

64Herald

Been there, done that, now whats next?
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic Bone/ivory
Got this today:

Dear Triumph customers,

2013 promises to be a year of changes at Ed’s Service Motorcycles.

At this time, and with great sadness, we would like to let you know that as of February 1, 2013, we will be voluntarily giving up the Triumph Motorcycle franchise. As you can imagine, after more than 50 years of dedication to this brand, this has been an extremely difficult decision to make and only after long consideration of both the financial and personal implications did we decide to make this change.

However, rest assured that we are NOT going out of business and we WILL continue to service Triumph motorcycles, both new and old, and we will still be selling used bikes, accessories and gear. With the exception of having no new bikes on display, things here should go on relatively normally.

For those of you whose Triumphs are still under warranty – we will do our best to resolve any issues on a case-by-case basis.

For the remainder of January, we will be selling out the remaining stock of bikes at significantly reduced prices. If you are considering the purchase of a new Triumph, this is a great opportunity to save $$$$. Storage until Spring is available for those who would like to make a purchase now. Please call for stock and price information.

Once again, we will try our best to continue to offer the level of service you have come to expect and we hope you will continue to support us.

Please feel free to contact us at any time to discuss any concerns you may have.

Best wishes for a Happy , Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

Stacy and Ed
Ed's Service Motorcycles
600 Violet Ave. ( Route 9-G )
Hyde Park, NY 12538
ph. 845-454-6210
fax 845-454-0226
www.eds-service.com

Hmm, No one answers the phone. Nothing listed on their site for sale. I wonder if Triumph will be scooping all the bikes up or if the redused sale is realy going to happen. I sent a e-mail just to see as I would not mind sporting a Sprint model bike in the garage. Hopefully they did not just close the doors.

Great Southern Motorcycles in Albany Western Australia have just handed back their Triumph franchise as well. Young guy i spoke to their wouldn't say too much about why .. obviously. When i told him about the issues everyone experiences with parts availability he didn't argue that's for sure. He himself rides a Street Triple R , which he loves. They will still be servicing Triumphs , have their own diagnostic machine for up to 2012 models. Guess like a lot of Dealers you would just get jack of telling customers " your bikes going to be off the road for X amount of weeks till parts arrive from the UK " ... Sad really , i'ts giving a basically good motorcycle brand a really bad name :mad:

Back