Another Custom Exhaust system

ozrider

2008 Standard
Ride
2008 Standard
Well I have had my 2006 R3 Classic for nearly a year and after doing the usual relay & ignition wiring mods etc I brought a cat delete & TORS mufflers but they weren't quite what I was after.
Having a mate with a custom exhaust shop has been great as I can leave the bike there while working on it.

I had flanges CNC machined and have just got my pipes back from the ceramic coaters.
The shiny finish to go with all the other Classic bling :)
I am staying with 3 muffler look although with a complete internal redesign.

Here are a few pics knocking them up and back from the coaters.
I will post more when it it finished.

Cheers,

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 707
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 630
Exhaust

Sweet looks like will get the job done and bet the sound is also swet.

Awww I have seen these picture Les where's the ones of the mufflers and All on the Bike, Ann's going crook from all the drooling I have been doing.
Hope to start mine soon but first it looks like I have to replace my Detent Spring, it Went!!..... it while in Nowra today :(

What sort of money mate ... if you don't mind me asking. If it's a 'love job' or 'mates rates' can you ask your mate what he'd charge a strange stranger :D just trying to get an idea what sort of money i'd be looking at to have a set knocked up... BTW they look really smick mate , he's done a nice job.

Awww I have seen these picture Les where's the ones of the mufflers and All on the Bike, Ann's going crook from all the drooling I have been doing.
Hope to start mine soon but first it looks like I have to replace my Detent Spring, it Went!!..... it while in Nowra today :(

Jerez that's no good Hans .did you ride it home or have to trailer it:eek:

Jerez that's no good Hans .did you ride it home or have to trailer it:eek:
just rode home steady it is only 95km and only played up when down in lower gears in Nowra and then Milton and Ulladulla. start pulling the front of tomorrow and see if I need to order a sump gasket as well as the front cover gasket and spring, no drama really more of an inconvenience really expected it would happen sooner or latter it seems a given that nearly all 07, 08, 09's seem to have them go, I got 43,000 km on her now so I guess I was due

just rode home steady it is only 95km and only played up when down in lower gears in Nowra and then Milton and Ulladulla. start pulling the front of tomorrow and see if I need to order a sump gasket as well as the front cover gasket and spring, no drama really more of an inconvenience really expected it would happen sooner or latter it seems a given that nearly all 07, 08, 09's seem to have them go, I got 43,000 km on her now so I guess I was due

Detent spring went on mine at similar km,s , but a mate up north has a 2012 roadster and had a detent spring go, got all the information from this sight and fixed it himself.

Back