Annoying Rattle

EskimoPie

Supercharged
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
I'm getting an annoying rattle at about 3,000 RPM. It's somewhere in front of and below me. Having a hard time finding it because it doesn't really want to do it just revving the motor in neutral. It's very obvious in 1st or 2nd gear though but is hard to hear at 3rd gear or beyond. Anybody else fought a rattle on a 2.5L?

it could be the front fender, i had a rattle driving me nuts on my GT, finally figured out that it was the front fender doing it. There are two tabs or two pieces that tabs would slide into on the underside of the fender near the rear just past center, those dont fit together tightly so the fender rattles, just lightly tap on the back of the fender near the bottom and you will hear it possibly. I checked with the dealer and there is no rubber mounts or anything to make that a tighter fit, so i will modify it,

it could be the front fender, i had a rattle driving me nuts on my GT, finally figured out that it was the front fender doing it. There are two tabs or two pieces that tabs would slide into on the underside of the fender near the rear just past center, those dont fit together tightly so the fender rattles, just lightly tap on the back of the fender near the bottom and you will hear it possibly. I checked with the dealer and there is no rubber mounts or anything to make that a tighter fit, so i will modify it,
Yes, I think that's it exactly, mine rattles when I tap on it. Anybody devised a fix?

t could be the front fender,
well bugger me!!...i have had this bloody banging noise coming from in front too...especially coming inthe driveway off the street,,,thought it may be the sidestand knocking....???....checked the front fender tonite and a bolt was loose...tightened that but will now look for the other possibilities...thanx.

I went out and took the fender off and yep....i had put it back on after i had the front bits painted and of course i hadnt noticed the wee tabs the fender fitted into so it was on the outside of the tabs and bouncing...making the annoying rattle when i hit a good bump!...gonna take some of the ideas mentioned and quieten it down!!...Pretty sure my cobbers 'R' model made the same noise when we left my place the other day so will check his out too. ..Thanx team.

Back