And now it's time for goodbye.

Tazshido

.040 Over
In an undisclosed location in the Middle East.
After doing some rather exhaustive research, I find that I am really no closer to picking my next bike than I was when I joined this forum. My reasons for not choosing the Rocket III in any of it's forms are my own. To list them would just start a strong debate (argument?) and so I shall not. I will suffice to say that after thinking long and hard and looking at every resource available to me I have decided that If I am to have only one motorcycle, it should not be a rocket.
As a group, your enthusiasm and dedication to this behemoth of a bike is both enviable and to be commended. I have learned a lot from all of you here and I thank you for your information and the entertainment I have garnered from your posts. I'll probably log on and post when I do decide to purchase my next bike, if for no other reason than it'll be fun to read the posts when you flame me for NOT purchasing a triumph. Rest assured though, even though I may purchase a V-twin it will NOT be a Harley-Davidson.
Cheers!

Some people are just not meant to be Rocket material. Good luck on whatever you choose.

All I know is I can't wait till Dec. 10th when I can jump on mine and experience what few can.

Dennis

36 dtg Dubai
37 dtg Home

Taz,
your cash, your ride, your life,
get whatever rocks you.
I rode H-D's for 35 years,
everybody needs to have owned at least one in their lifetime.
Myself, I'd like a Valk for a extra bike.
Take care over there and thanks for your service to our country.

One of my riding buddies traded his Triumph Speed Triple this summer for a Honda CBR1000, and just recently gave it up for a BMW R1100S. I missed him this last weekend, but am looking forward to taking a look at it.

As long as you're riding :)

Taz,
your cash, your ride, your life,
get whatever rocks you.
I rode H-D's for 35 years,
everybody needs to have owned at least one in their lifetime.
Myself, I'd like a Valk for a extra bike.
Take care over there and thanks for your service to our country.

It's pretty difficult to get a better motorcycle than a Honda Valkyrie.
Terriffic motorcycle!

Agree on the Valk

I had a green and cream version with the hard bags an windshield. Gorgeous bike now being ridden by some other lucky owner. I took it from Cleveland south through Lousiana, across Texas to El Paso, then south to Chihuahua and back. I named her Siete Leguas after Pancho Villa's horse after that ride.

it dont matter what you ride as long as you have your knees in the wind
ride safe on whatever you decide on

Just ride!

Bikers, not the ones that are restricted to promoting Harley Davidson products only, but the bikers who ride for the freedom and the feel of power, the ability to be in total control of the iron beast and feel the wind, we can never judge what one man or women chooses to ride, the point is get in the wind and feel what we feel. Of course you may notice your bike whimper in jealousy when a Rocket passes you hehehe. Just ride. Pick the one that makes you happy and go for it. If you in Afghan still watch for crazy Marine Warrant in helicopter he is a real gunfighter keep your head down.

Back