ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
Don't know how many of you guys have seen this - I just saw it for the first time this morning.

The rider is VERY conservative! He uses almost none of the available lean angle and doesn't apex most of the turns - just tracks around them - mostly straight up. I know he's 2-up, but there's still a lot of ground clearance and lean angle that he's not taking advantage of. Doesn't sound like he ever gets out of third gear. Because of the way he tracks the curves - with very little lean - I'm wondering if he's running a CT. My own cornering technique is much different. I use a late turn in with a delayed apex (even 2 up - all I adjust is the speed), with much more aggressive throttle on the exit, setting me up for the next corner.

Great sounding exhaust, however - at least I thought so.

Anyway - thought this would be interesting to our little group here . . . . . Enjoy!
images

Last edited:
Really strange watching that .. as an Aussie they are obviously on the wrong side of the road .. kept waiting for a car to come round the corner and head-on. Strange ... but thanks. PS that bloke rides like a half-blind old woman by the way :cool:

Painful to watch....overly conservative...maybe new on the bike? Although the lines are not what I would take regardless of how much speed. He seems to be cutting to the other side of the road before it would be useful, giving even less room for the bend.

I am eagerly waiting for the warmer weather as I got my R3R at the end of Autumn so haven't ridden it at all in the nice weather yet, even in the cold, wet and windy stuff we have now I get it going on more than that...a bit of a waste of a nice road there....

That fellow is cutting corners and over the center line.
Regardless of speed or passenger, he's looking for BIG trouble if he doesn't clean up his riding.
Cages drive like this and kill motorcyclists.

Was nice to revisit the dragon after five months since being there live.
TC - did you wear your t-shirt while watching?????

:roll::roll::roll:

Crossing the double yellow is very much not a good thing on the Dragon. Law enforcement there frown on it intensely. Will get you a fine faster than speeding. I was almost taken out once when meeting a Goldwing who had crossed the lines like this guy. I missed him easily but I still to this day do not know how I didn't make contact with the trailer he was pulling!!!!! I guess it was because I tend to ride like KS describes. And, BTW KS, I am darkside.

It was probably his first ride down the Dragon, riding two up i give him credit for being conservative. A lot can go wrong if your not familiar with the torraine or what awaites around every corner..... Just ask a Harley rider..:roll::roll:;)

Last edited:
I guess it was because I tend to ride like KS describes. And, BTW KS, I am darkside.
If you ride the style I describe for myself on a CT- with those squared off tread shoulders - then you are a MUCH braver guy than I am! Your cornering transitions must be something to experience - I give you an enormous amount of credit!!

Really strange watching that .. as an Aussie they are obviously on the wrong side of the road .. kept waiting for a car to come round the corner and head-on. Strange ... but thanks. PS that bloke rides like a half-blind old woman by the way :cool:
TC, that is the exact same feeling i get when i see somebody driving on the Aussie roads, if i ever make it over there i think i would get killed because i would be wanting to get on the American side of the road at all times:eek:

I rode the dragon twice on a car tire, noting out of the ordinary, :)
Seems like i have seen that rocket, gray bike combo at RAA, does anybody know who that may be?:unsure:

it seemed to me like mabey his passenger was not the best passenger..

mabey she was trying to help him corner?

i know that can ruin an otherwise fun ride

Back