Ride
2005 Rocket III Trike
Does this make me a darksider ?

Attachments

• trike2.jpg
    trike2.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 184
Looks good!

I just got back in from a morning ride and that **** Metzler scared the bjeeezus out of me again. The new R3R again tried to come out from under me while doing a moderate acceleration in a curve from ~30mph. I wasn't trying to look like Kevin Carmichael by any means. But, I am accustomed to much more lateral traction while under power. And I don't even have the ATRE installed yet. Anybody that thinks darkside is more dangerous hasn't done a first hand comparison. I don't trust MC rear tires now at all. I don't mind getting the back wheel out a little on purpose. But it is so easy to get sideways with the MC tire it makes my putt bucker when I'm not expecting it. The problem is, I am accustomed to the tire staying hooked up. My "normal driving" for me is now dangerous until get a "proper" tire back on it.

Anybody that thinks darkside is more dangerous hasn't done a first hand comparison.

I do (it's way more dangerous) and I have (nearly 30,000 miles darksiding on three large cruisers) and so have may experts far more qualified than you or I. Your conclusion is a fool's bet, but ride what you like, just don't treat your decision as the Gospel.;)

BTW, evanr, nice trike!:cool: Are those Toyos mounted on motorcycle or car rims?

The pos Metz scared me enough to make me put the motor guards off the 06 on it.

I've had exactly the same experience with the car tire I had mounted on my Std, STRIPES. I believe a lot of it has to do with road conditions, temperatures of the roadway, lean angles, how aggressively one is riding and how much meat is left on the tire, rather than the tire per se.

Back