alternative mounting for the sports screen?

Mike Sands

Supercharged
Ride
roadster 2012
I saw an MRA screen that mounted directly to the Rocket's handlebars and wondered whether anyone has come up with brackets that allow the blade of the sport screen to be similarly fastened to the bars rather than having to use the ugly front fork mounting kit.
Mike

Mike I'm not sure exactly what screen you are talking about, but sure do know what you mean abiout the ugly standard brackets.
I made this to mount my set up.

100_1012.JPG

Once again Paul, very cool!. :thumbsup:

Something interesting Ian.
I was very ill the weekend that I made those mounts. At times when I am so weak this is what keeps me moving, hanging onto, and using my skills to the very best of my ability.
Moving at about .25KPH, the average walking speed being 4 KPH, it took me all weekend to produce four of these.
It got me through the weekend, was still alive Monday morning, and gaining strength by Friday.

When you are ill you are supposed to stay in bed and get the spousal unit, and anyone else you can, to run around after you fulfilling your every whim. :lol:

Hmmm - my experience is that most "spousal units" soon grow tired of this. And then for some weird reason expect reciprocity.

When I'm really ill - I avoid Knives/Guns/Lathes/Mills. The minute I feel "clumsy" - I know what'll happen. I'll damage summat and never forgive myself.

I saw an MRA screen that mounted directly to the Rocket's handlebars and wondered whether anyone has come up with brackets that allow the blade of the sport screen to be similarly fastened to the bars rather than having to use the ugly front fork mounting kit.
Mike
I'm pretty sure it will look ****e connected to the bars.

But I'm sure these guys can help http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/triumph/22058-triumph-rocket-iii-custom-cruiser-screen.html

Loads of different screens and they obviously have a fitting kit.

There was a guy in CZ who did a really nice alternative to the Fork mounts - but he seems to have stopped.

Paul, did you have to drop the fork legs out to fit them? ME LIKE!!!

Yes I have assumed that you'd have to take off the top yoke as there seems to be only one 'squeeze' point for the clamp - which is of course what makes it so neat. But I have another question. The triumph clamps put the bolt hole for the screen brackets about on the centre line of the fork leg. Paul's design using these bolts to squeeze the clamp has moved that point in front of the fork legs. Does this not put the screen itself in front of the headlamp shells? I would still like to buy some though and have PM'd Paul but I guess he's busy on his exhaust stuff.
Mike

Yes I have assumed that you'd have to take off the top yoke as there seems to be only one 'squeeze' point for the clamp - which is of course what makes it so neat. But I have another question. The triumph clamps put the bolt hole for the screen brackets about on the centre line of the fork leg. Paul's design using these bolts to squeeze the clamp has moved that point in front of the fork legs. Does this not put the screen itself in front of the headlamp shells? I would still like to buy some though and have PM'd Paul but I guess he's busy on his exhaust stuff.
Mike

Just a observation from the pictures. yes it looks like the mounts move forward a little more then half the fork tube diameter. which there is room for the shield to move forward and still be behind the head lights. Also it looks like you can move them up on the tube about half the height of the OEM mounts. Darn good craftsmanship. But then everything Paul does is nice.

Back