GreenmanAZ

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III Classic, Sprint ST
Hi! I am a current owner of a Sprint ST 955i, which both of my kids have been fighting me about who will get it for years!

I am currently looking at a 2006 Classic with about 12k miles on it, showroom condition!

I need something that I can sit up on, not lean forward on... Gettin' older.... So the Rocket seem to be a good solution. I have been a little worried on the various sites about failing gearboxes and ignition switch issues etc. but so many positives on here I cannot help being optimistic!

Many knowledgeable and helpful chaps here. Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome Greenman and even though some have had issues with a few bikes, that is normal with any brand and make. I think over all that the rocket is a sound ride. Go for it and let the kids duke it out over the ST... :evil:

welcome from Tucson Arizona
my 07 classic has been trouble free i now have 22000 miles. i have road it hard it does take out tires.
what part of ariz. it should have an eastern beaver or relays to lighten load on ign.
herman

Hi! I am a current owner of a Sprint ST 955i, which both of my kids have been fighting me about who will get it for years!

I am currently looking at a 2006 Classic with about 12k miles on it, showroom condition!

I need something that I can sit up on, not lean forward on... Gettin' older.... So the Rocket seem to be a good solution. I have been a little worried on the various sites about failing gearboxes and ignition switch issues etc. but so many positives on here I cannot help being optimistic!

Many knowledgeable and helpful chaps here. Thanks in advance!!!
Hello Greenman, you should take a look at my 2005 with only 5400 miles. I just listed it here and on Craigs List. What part of Az you in?

I'm in AZ as well. The Rocket is a good choice as long as you reference this site for any modifications you make. The exhaust can get REALLY hot in our summers unless you put a rich tune in it. I burned a couple holes in a couple different pairs of jeans before I figured out a good tune that wouldn't melt my leg in traffic. Other than that, the heat doesn't affect the performance as much as you migh think. That big radiator does it's job. I've been stuck in 5 MPH traffic for over an hour at 3PM at 120F and I didn't overheat. If you find that the riding position is not exactly what you want, you can always get a new seat. If it's a problem with you shoulders, wrists or lean angle, a new set of bars from Flanders will only set you back $100-$150. Most any 1" bars can be mounted up to fit your needs. You don't need bars 'Made for Rocket III'. I've got a lot of stuff done to my Roadster. I'd be willing to meet up in Phoenix if you'd like to check things out or chat before making purchases. PM me if you'd like.

Back