ALMOST time to take the plunge. Need some help- best East Coast dealers?

Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
OK guys, I've been a member here for a little over a year, but did some serious lurking for a while before that. I've been waiting to pay off some things and get some others in order and the time is almost here. My oldest son gets married next month and the lights are all green after that! I'm getting a Roadster!! Just a few things to get from the brain trust first:

New or used? Anything a big plus or minus with the '17 Roadsters? IF used, what's the best year or year to stay away from. Don't want to inherit someone else's issues.

I've waited this long, so I'm thinking about waiting till around Feb to see if I can get a better deal on a '17, unless anyone knows of any promotions coming up.

Who has the best dealer in the Delmarva area? I have NO issue traveling a few states to get a better deal. Right now, I think my best bet locally is over in VA near Dulles. There's a shop in Annapolis, MD, but they have had the SAME Roadster on their floor since like '15.

Figure if I have to wait till Feb to get the bike, I'll start to collecting other pieces first, that way I can keep myself from going crazy during the wait.

Ebay has had new bikes from dealers go for around $10K. That being said those deals are usually not around when you need them. I would go gently used...easy to find too. I bought my 2014 in 2015 with warranty left and only a few thousand miles for $10.5K. Whatever you do you don't need to pay anywhere near list for a Rocket. Good luck.:)

I bought from Motorcycles of Dulles. Motorcycles of Dulles I have had my ups and downs over 36 years of dealing with dealers and put this one towards the top. @Joesmoe will say less nice things about them possibly, but each misstep they have made on my bike, they have fixed on their dime. I also ride away on a loaner anytime they need to keep the night over night. (Usually a BMW as Ken, the owner, is trying to get me to buy one). If you go here, tell them Boog (Bobby Powell) sent you. On second thought, play that by ear...

I have heard good things about Pete's cycle in Baltimore Baltimore though I have no personal dealings with them. I know from the bike shows that Pete's state they will beat any other area dealer's price on the same bike.

Good luck!

If you're going Roadster there aren't any bad years in terms of mechanical issues. It's been more or less the same bike since 2005 so they've had quite a bit of time to address issues (there was some tranny stuff pre 2008). There's been some rumors about the 2016's and later having locked ECUs so it's made upgrades more of a pain.

Frontline Eurosports in Salem, VA, does square deals....no Rockets in stock at this time, but they will be happy to hunt one down. And they DO know what they are doing mechanically. And they will deliver!

OK guys, I've been a member here for a little over a year, but did some serious lurking for a while before that. I've been waiting to pay off some things and get some others in order and the time is almost here. My oldest son gets married next month and the lights are all green after that! I'm getting a Roadster!! Just a few things to get from the brain trust first:

New or used? Anything a big plus or minus with the '17 Roadsters? IF used, what's the best year or year to stay away from. Don't want to inherit someone else's issues.

I've waited this long, so I'm thinking about waiting till around Feb to see if I can get a better deal on a '17, unless anyone knows of any promotions coming up.

Who has the best dealer in the Delmarva area? I have NO issue traveling a few states to get a better deal. Right now, I think my best bet locally is over in VA near Dulles. There's a shop in Annapolis, MD, but they have had the SAME Roadster on their floor since like '15.

Figure if I have to wait till Feb to get the bike, I'll start to collecting other pieces first, that way I can keep myself from going crazy during the wait.
Triumph of Harrisonburg in Harrisonburg, VA

Ebay has had new bikes from dealers go for around $10K. That being said those deals are usually not around when you need them. I would go gently used...easy to find too. I bought my 2014 in 2015 with warranty left and only a few thousand miles for $10.5K. Whatever you do you don't need to pay anywhere near list for a Rocket. Good luck.:)

Ebay does have some great deals i bought mine early Mar. 2015 it was a 2014 R3R with only 27 miles on it for 11,999 however they didn't disclose until 11th hour of the PDI uncrate fee of 325.00 then shipping of 600.00 and document fee that all added up to 1k extra then the 1k for tax when you register the bike.

Expect to pay these added charges if buying from dealership..

Lemieuxfan,
I've seen those. They sell as "used" since they have over 25 miles on them. Did you get any type of warranty with that or was it as is/no warranty since it was "used"?

Back