Almost there, paid deposit on my first cruiser

DrChris

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket III
Well, g'day from Newcastle, OZ.
Well after the moaning in my ear about discomfort on the zed from my missus, I promised to look at cruisers. No way could I do a Harley like our pals riding with us, it's just not me! So I embarked on owning what seems like the only proper muscle on the market, the rocket. I run three cars so newish is not an option, so found an awesome 2008 example which I get at the weekend and I'm sure will give me riding pleasure in spades as well as fulfill my desire to constantly swing the spanners as a hobby. Ergo my first Rocket III! I'm stoked and can't wait to interact with you all and learn the ropes on this legend of a bike.

Attachments

• 20230206_154126.jpg
    20230206_154126.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 16
Hello @DrChris and welcome from Virginia. You kept the Zed right? I mean the Rocket is going to dominate your ride time especially if the misses doesn't like the other, but a man should always have a t least two machines...

Hello @DrChris and welcome from Virginia. You kept the Zed right? I mean the Rocket is going to dominate your ride time especially if the misses doesn't like the other, but a man should always have a t least two machines...
Haha, I know you're right but one at a time is all I can love at the moment. I'll miss the Z900, it was my first bike back after a 16 year gab after my daughter was born. 😳 TBH I'm looking forward to a less frantic ride (in the twisties at least 😂)

Well, g'day from Newcastle, OZ.
Well after the moaning in my ear about discomfort on the zed from my missus, I promised to look at cruisers. No way could I do a Harley like our pals riding with us, it's just not me! So I embarked on owning what seems like the only proper muscle on the market, the rocket. I run three cars so newish is not an option, so found an awesome 2008 example which I get at the weekend and I'm sure will give me riding pleasure in spades as well as fulfill my desire to constantly swing the spanners as a hobby. Ergo my first Rocket III! I'm stoked and can't wait to interact with you all and learn the ropes on this legend of a bike.
Welcome from Glasgow,Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Haha, I know you're right but one at a time is all I can love at the moment. I'll miss the Z900, it was my first bike back after a 16 year gab after my daughter was born. 😳 TBH I'm looking forward to a less frantic ride (in the twisties at least 😂)
Don't sell the machine short int he twisties Doc. Different than the Zed for sure, but a different level frantic to be sure...

Back