Almost ready to Tune

LiteFiter

Stock Early 2013 R3R: VIN #555036/Upstate NY
Ride
2013 Roadster: "65" Triumph T120 Custom Chop: "79" Yamaha XS 1100
My Lonelec cable will hopefully be here shortly. I have been reading everything I can find about performing a tune with TuneECU; it will be my first time. I have determined by reading the posts on this site and looking at the TuneECU website, that map #20355 will be my first step as I am adding the TOR’s but all else remains stock. My VIN is #555036 early 2013 (pre-stripes) but came from the factory with the unrestricted tune, as was told to my dealer from Triumph USA. My 1st question is, what should I use when the Ramair filter comes in, hopefully within the next month? Some posts on this site infer that I should then find a tune that would include a mapping with the K&N setup. But, I can’t find anything that addresses that. My second question is, what is the difference between early 2013 VIN #’s like mine, and the later numbers starting at 574813? Is it just cosmetic? If so, then why would there be a difference in the mapping? Help, I don’t need to screw this up, I have no one anywhere close that could help unscrew this if I make a mistake. Thanks.

The 20355 tune on the early vins is restricted by closing the secondaries. Look at the secondaries table in TuneECU. The unrestricted tune for the later models, 20776 (aftermarket silences) has most of the values set to 100, except for the upper right hand corner of the table. The difference is significant. Everything else in these two tunes, fuel, ignition, is the same. Just compare the two tunes in TuneECU. If you want better performance,install the tors then change all the values in the secondaries table to 100 and load it. BTW, you can't load the new 20776 tune into the old vin, so you have to modify 20355.

Last edited:
Thanks Dougl, you really helped to make this happen.

Last edited:
Back