Almost officially broken in, should I do it?

Bluebelly

No funds
Ride
'16 Rocket 3 Roadster
0606182043a.jpg

Go for it!!!! Go over the line.

They told me between 500 and a 1000. I will say the bike and transmission seemed to perform better after the first service from the dealer. I normally do my own service, but did not want to mess up the warranty.

Then came to crossover, Ramair, and new tune........oh well.

Last edited:
They told me between 500 and a 1000. I will say the bike and transmission seemed to perform better after the first service from the dealer. I normally do my own service, but did not want to mess up the warranty.

Then came to crossover, Ramair, and new tune........oh well.
Lol I already got the service (same reason) and I'm gonna take it easy until 1000 miles like it says in the owners manual. Service Manager @ dealership said keep ALL receipts for any self servicing you do. He said Triumph can be real ball busters about it. And he also said use Castrol full synth for oil changes (as recommended by Triumph).

I mostly followed the manual until 400 miles, when I did the first service. Did a near 12 oclock wheelie on the way home and ran the balls off the bike from then on. It didn't drink a drop of oil between changes and made good power at 126 when stock with a unrestricted TuneECU tune, right where it should have.

The rings will thank you later in life for using full power now to seat them fully. Don't just max wrist and pull the clutch though, go full power to redline then roll throttle closed to pull very high vacuum as you engine brake down to like 2500 RPM or so, the vacuum helps the break in process.

Post engine build, I didn't do any break in anything and just ran the balls off it right away, no oil consumption so far.

Have never believed in that break in crap, ride the bike like you own it, on my 2005 rocket I had 500 miles in one day and a lot of that at speeds over 100mph, have about 70000 and is oil tight.
I agree with you Scotsman . Two banger , then maybe ? But a modern 4 stroke has been start stopped and built with enough tolerance to be ridden like you stole it . Just don't mis shift !

Back