All dressed up with nowhere to go

stollydriver

Live life to the full
Ride
2020 Rocket3 GT
Well got up, checked tyre pressures and adjusted, pushed bike outside and got all gear on. Got on bike - pushed start and 'klunk' the battery has given up. 0-25% even after being on maintained. My question - what is the best battery to fit onto 2015 Roadster? Lithium or wet and does anyone have recommendation? Would you believe - today's ride was to consider the option of updating Grrrr - any advice appreciated

In the UK - 'specially Cold and damp - AGM. Yuasa or (I have never had problems) MotoBatt.

I like Lithiums - but have to admit that in my mum's garage in Dorset the cold means I have to go through the "chemistry warm-up thing".

I have bit of kit to discuss here: First if you do not ride in the cold, then something like this Lithium will work for you. However, it is a total POS under 40F/4C. The box clearly states it's 480 LCA amps (this is not the same as CCA): New Lithium battery

The battery I am currently on now is this: YTX20HL-BS AGM Maintenance Free Battery This is my second winter on it so far. I have not yet put a tender or droplight for heat on the bike this year and it has started well. It has started at 19F/-7C for the coldest this year. I think this one will last through this winter as well. It is the fifth battery I have had since new.

Right now, my starting issues revolve around the negative cable getting loose every few weeks and I have to retighten it.

I hope this helps some....

I have bit of kit to discuss here: First if you do not ride in the cold, then something like this Lithium will work for you. However, it is a total POS under 40F/4C. The box clearly states it's 480 LCA amps (this is not the same as CCA): New Lithium battery

The battery I am currently on now is this: YTX20HL-BS AGM Maintenance Free Battery This is my second winter on it so far. I have not yet put a tender or droplight for heat on the bike this year and it has started well. It has started at 19F/-7C for the coldest this year. I think this one will last through this winter as well. It is the fifth battery I have had since new.

Right now, my starting issues revolve around the negative cable getting loose every few weeks and I have to retighten it.

I hope this helps some....
Thanks Boog for the reply - will look into that one

Hmmm - there are solutions IF you know anybody who has GOOD thread cutting gear. You cut a new back-nut in brass with undersized threads. Basically you get an anti loosening thread if you use steel bolts. ;)

Back