Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
Well having fitted my RX2010 fiters , I'm now having issues with the AIT! I know that some of you guys put them in small KnN filters but I'm wondering if the ambient temperature in one of those filters would affect the sensor and hence the idle ? Also best placement ? I bow to you guys who have ironed out the issues and am eager for suggestions?

Well having fitted my RX2010 fiters , I'm now having issues with the AIT! I know that some of you guys put them in small KnN filters but I'm wondering if the ambient temperature in one of those filters would affect the sensor and hence the idle ? Also best placement ? I bow to you guys who have ironed out the issues and am eager for suggestions?

As close as possible to clean air. Without an extension, that’s gonna be tough.

I found having the sensor in the filter made the bike run weird when it was hot. At least until you ride for a bit. I opted to install in a small filter with an extension attached to the throttle bodies out in the wind.

Ramair will sell an extension. I'm trying to get one, they email me, but my emails back to them are not getting through. I might just have to call their phone.

I have the extension, I was using Ramair but after 2 years it is disintegrating , so gone the KnN route . I did mount the AIT into a small filter and fabricated a bracket fixed to the redundant coolant recovery bottle mount . It sits just inside the the modified bear claw and I'm guessing it's getting too hot ?

I have the extension, I was using Ramair but after 2 years it is disintegrating , so gone the KnN route . I did mount the AIT into a small filter and fabricated a bracket fixed to the redundant coolant recovery bottle mount . It sits just inside the the modified bear claw and I'm guessing it's getting too hot ?

I hope you find the answer and the best location. I plan on replacing the ramair with K&N's sometime myself. :D:D:D. Not this year, though.

My son,
Why you must live in a salty, wet, dreary, predominantly overcast environment?!?!?
best-devil.gif Laughing3.gif

I hope you find the answer and the best location. I plan on replacing the ramair with K&N's sometime myself. :D:D:D. Not this year, though.
It's going to be a case of trial and error with a little touch of Dartmoor inventiveness . Either that , or a clever captain here will have the answer and save me a whole load of time !

Hey Nath...i wish ide read this b4 we talked this morning but...
I did the exact thing you have done!...Had Ramair and went to triple k&n's.
The good thing is you have that extension. I got a small filter to cover the end of the sensor from a car accessory shop.Its just to protect the bulb on the end. I used zip ties and placed the filter between the 2nd and 3rd k&n filters on that rod there. To me, that was getting the air temp that the filters were sucking in.
It works a treat for me. I have a photo and you can see the small blue filter.
20190311_181934.jpg

Last edited:
I relocated the coolant tank to under seat when I installed triple k and n filters. My sensor is just ziptied and inside a little filter right in front of the first k and n filter. Are you having problems with the idle after switching from ramair to k and n's?

Back