Airhawk R- so far very impressed!

Elvis

Living the Dream!
Ride
2008 R3T
Been having alot of tightness in my back after rides exceeding 250 miles so I thought I would try one of the airhawks as many friends are using them now. What a difference, no pain at all yesterday after riding some rough roads. I will definitely be using it on theh 4000 mile trip coming up in July!

It's a good product and easy to store if you take the air out of it. I just lay mine on the seat where I want it as there is really no need to anchor it down unless you stand up while riding your bike. The gripping surface seems to keep it in place. Don't get carried away with the inflation either. It is designed to work by just keeping you off the surface of the seat by about 1/2" to 3/4's of an inch. Over inflating serves no real purpose but you can easily let air out on the fly while riding if you need.

It's a good product and easy to store if you take the air out of it. I just lay mine on the seat where I want it as there is really no need to anchor it down unless you stand up while riding your bike. The gripping surface seems to keep it in place. Don't get carried away with the inflation either. It is designed to work by just keeping you off the surface of the seat by about 1/2" to 3/4's of an inch. Over inflating serves no real purpose but you can easily let air out on the fly while riding if you need.

Wow, I was just in Coldwater about 3 weeks ago, you don't work at SCMP in Litchfield by chance do you?

Wow, I was just in Coldwater about 3 weeks ago, you don't work at SCMP in Litchfield by chance do you?

Nope...I'm retired and worked for the county doing IT for about 10 years after I retired from 30 years of teaching. Pretty amazing you were just here..no other Rockets around except for mine at the moment. I have a high school friend who lives outside of Louisville around Fisherville. Small world. Ride safe.

Been having alot of tightness in my back after rides exceeding 250 miles so I thought I would try one of the airhawks as many friends are using them now. What a difference, no pain at all yesterday after riding some rough roads. I will definitely be using it on theh 4000 mile trip coming up in July!

Hey Elvis, what size did you get for the Touring? Was,thinking about one last year and put it off. Back is getting worse so it is time to do it.

Hmm I have had one for a while now and never used it or needed to. Maybe I will take it to RAAX so I can see if it adds to comfort of the ride.

Back