Airbox Removal???

Boudreaux

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Is this a complicated task? I have Reband Pipes on there way and I wanna go with filters directly to the Throttle Bodies. I did this on my 109 and there were sensors, PCV and temp. Is there anything I need to know ahead of time so I dont run into any surprises? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Also, Is their a service manual for this bike. Online or in Book form??? I really like to have one. Hell mine didnt even come with a owners manual!!!

Since your spending the money on a good exhaust I would look at the new ram air filter set up verses triple filters. IMO it will work nicely on the bike. There is a service manual on the sites I would upload it but its to large a file according to the site.

You will need a new tune or PCV, Don't know if your ECU is locked or not...
If you ride the bike with the new pipes on prior to the new tune or PCV, you will run the risk of burning the ceramic coating off or severely discolouring the chrome as the fuel mixture will be too lean.

You will need a new tune or PCV, Don't know if your ECU is locked or not...
If you ride the bike with the new pipes on prior to the new tune or PCV, you will run the risk of burning the ceramic coating off or severely discolouring the chrome as the fuel mixture will be too lean.

get the ramair filter it is a well designed filter as good as if not better than 3 K&n filters beside the bear claw will fit over the ramair without a hitch unlike the K&N pods

get the ramair filter it is a well designed filter as good as if not better than 3 K&n filters beside the bear claw will fit over the ramair without a hitch unlike the K&N pods

and I have three K&N 2780 filters with bottle of oil to give away any takers?? you pay shipping stateside I guess 5 to 10Bucks

Yes I plan on getting one... But will wait for feedback from Wayne, Nev and Art...
I am only concerned about the pipes being run with the wrong tune... don't want to see them damaged.

Can't recall if it's a 3.5 or 4 mm allen wrench....but you don't need it as much as you think you do. Spent an extra hour making 1/6th turns by hand...for no reason. Other than that, it's not terribly complicated with the instructions posted on this site. My only addition is that the correctly numbered crank case filter wouldn't fit without trimming the boot a bit.

MarvinM

Yes I plan on getting one... But will wait for feedback from Wayne, Nev and Art...
I am only concerned about the pipes being run with the wrong tune... don't want to see them damaged.
Hey Tony Thanks for the concern. I got the black ceramics and they will be ran on a well tuned bike. Them things cost me 2 arms and one of Steels Legs.!!! LOL We have a tuner at the Dealer who is very fimiliar with tunining with tune ecu you. he tunes his race bikes with it. As far as what filters I was thinking between Ramair or maybe with the ones HANSO runs KX-4040-1. I hear he runs a 250hp bike. So tey should be enough Air!!!
And as Steel said the ecu is not locked. Its the same tune as the 2013. Verified by Wayne.

Back