Best Air Filter option with standard side cover?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RaiderJim

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3
Hey,
What is the best air filter option to go with the R3
It must fit under standard side cover as i have that custom painted? The Carpenter team does not use em but I live in Florida with alota sand and salt!
Thanks for any input
RaiderJim

For a standard motor a Ramair is the easiest or Uni filters for a modified engine if you plan to retain the bear claw (side cover as you call it)

If you are really close to all that sand and salt in the air, I would stay with the stock pleated paper filter. Clean it by blowing it out with every oil change. Here in the Idaho high desert we have a lot of dirty sandy grit in the air. As much as I'd like to install a RamAir filter, I just can't bring myself to do it.

BTW: I think the RamAir filter kit is the best out there to have under the Bearclaw. (Side Cover).

Another BTW: Getting us to Vote for #1 or #2 would be better if you wrote something next to each number.

Yes, Welcome RaiderJim, from Maine, where riding season fast approaches:)
I've had K&N's on my bonnie that did a great job, they are somewhat harder to maintain than the foam filters though, but not by much, takes them longer to dry in my opinion. K&N cleaning solution is the berries:)

Hoopla

Back