Lenny

.060 Over
Ride
06 Rocket Standard(RIP)
The bike its coming along fine...Already got the exhaust now i am looking for the air filter, i will love to got with the 3 little k&n or similar...maybe the big one under the tank...anyway my point is, If anybody got something 4 sale lmk...

I could hit online vendors but i rather check with members first...anyway lmk...

Thanks.

I have 3 spare K&N 2780 with covers but been in Australia it wouldn't be worth the postage.

Got my K&N's from Flipmiester .. or something like that. Used to be on here but don't know whether he still sticks his head in.. one of the Yanks will know.

I'm yet to understand the merits of the under tank filter, sitting in the heat above the engine and retaining that devil's creation called the intake plenum. Triples make much more sense all round.
The main benefit for NOT using the under-tank IS NOT HEAT. It's a monster restriction twixt the inner and outer parts of the Grey plastic plenum. When you see the amount of air drawn in per second - you'll see why it's marginal. It's just maths. It does however eliminate your clothing blocking the snorkel in the seat - esp if you carry a passenger. And you get a glovebox out of the deal.

Have you ever LOGGED the AIT temps compared to ambient using triples or undertank?.
I did so with the RAMAIR/OZ-claw and it's interesting - Just installed a VERY OPEN ITG for counter testing.
Will log the run to my mates and see if there's any difference. I have a heat wall in twixt engine and filter.
It will take a LOT of convincing to get me to try with K&N's under the claw - but MAYBE - for the sake of science.

But (Spoiler Alert) - Wayne Tripp mentioned to me how much HOT AIR BLAST from the radiator and oiltank is sucked UP under the claw

AIT temps rise fast to WELL above ambient (approx 15-20ºC) and it cannot be from under the tank.

Ran with this and it has a heat/air shield behind to fend off heat from above the engine

Sensor is in the filter and airflow.

Calling all folk logging their engine data via TORQUE or anything else.
I'm going to get my mate Jim in Maine to log his UNDERTANK solution.

Hi Lenny

I went for the three K&N's under the bearclaw, but just yesterday my new K&N's arrived got them from Summit racing.com. Attached is a pic of the crap that can be gotten rid of under the tank etc, be amazed at Triumphs ability to reduce noise and power with it. First pic is of the new filters and how I'm going to mount them (not my bike in last pic but I think it looks right for an R3).
2mdnml1.jpg
Airbox system removed.jpg
New KandN Fitted.jpg

I have the three Uni filters - cheapest option and less restrictive for my heavy breather.

Back