BIKER

.060 Over
I see some post about age = to the kind of bike you ride.. I my self at 49 ride a rocket tour..but I also own a tiger 1050, Bonneville America 790..but don't ride them as much .my son's have taken over them... oh well ..but I still love each one and ride each one..I have friend who is 71 rides a speed triple .."hope to be doing the same" and he can ride..

so I ask what does age have to do with it ????
I am 49 and hope to be dong this on 2 wheels ...till the day I have to get a trike ...

ED:cool:

I personally don't think age plays much of a factor in our bikes.
Some may write it off as "mid-life crisis" that's 'why"
we ride to biggest, baddest, bike on the planet.
To try to regain our mis-spent youth or some other such nonsense.
Me, I think we only bought it now, because they didn't make it any earlier than they did.
I remember growing up and 1200 cc's was the biggest you could go, so I did.
Now they went bigger, so we did too.
I look at it like this,
you're only as old as you feel.
Some mornings getting out of bed I feel my age,
climb on board the Rock and I "feel" 18 again.
So maybe there's some truth in that mid-life crisis thing after all,,,
who knows, who cares, I just want to ride it,
not figure out why I want to ride it.;)

Well I suspect I'll be in the minority here, but for me age is the main reason I now ride a cruiser. My back, knees, and wrists have won the long running battle.

Unless you live somewhere without twisty roads, or you not physically able, I can't understand not riding the best handling motorcycle available. For me the joy of riding is directly connected to the adrenalin rush of executing a series of well connected corners. Any motorcycle weighing in excess of 600 lbs. is not a proper tool for that kind of riding. A visit to a bike shop still finds me lusting after the Ducati's and MV Agusta's.

I find that I am riding fewer miles these days, mostly because beyond the fun of tapping the endless torque and adequate horsepower of the R3, the riding style dictated by the size of the bike is rather boring. I continually remind myself and others that the bike handles quite well for what it is, but, it is still 'what it is'.

I know many feel that the main attraction of riding is the wind in the hair feeling, but for I can get the same effect driving my wife's Mini convertible. And unfortunately it will likely out corner my R3T.

I am about to take possession of a friends KLR (he's out of garage space). I hope to get in a bit of dirt road exploring, which should be quite a change and hopefully I'll regain some of the lost enthusiasm. I just hope I don't find myself having to pick the **** thing up too many times. I don't heal as quick as I used to.

Oh, and I'll be 65 in a few months.

very cool guys this is just what I was hoping to hear ..thanks for posting your age..if you don't mind...

I really got my rocket for better and comfortable 2up riding..and so far it has done the job very well.....

Ed:cool:

My first bike was a 305 Super Hawk at the ripe old age of 13. Layed off riding while I was having kids. When my son was grown started back at 46. 62 at the present. I've owned mostly Triumphs but had encounters with a couple of BSA's, several HD's and a couple of Yammers. I still really love torque and bring the wheel up off the ground. Not as good as I ust'a be at it because with all my old age ailments, I cringe at the thought of my body hitting the ground standing still much less at speed.:eek:

I used to walk by a local Harley Bar when I was a young lad, I looked at all those Harleys parked out front and I new I had to have one, once I got old enough to ride I never considered anything but a cruiser, sport bikes just didnt do it for me and they still dont. I'm 50 and have never ridden a sport bike in my life. I may get another Harley some day, or I may not. But my Rocket is here to stay, I love that **** bike! "sniff sniff " ;)

I used to walk by a local Harley Bar when I was a young lad, I looked at all those Harleys parked out front and I new I had to have one, once I got old enough to ride I never considered anything but a cruiser, sport bikes just didnt do it for me and they still dont. I'm 50 and have never ridden a sport bike in my life. I may get another Harley some day, or I may not. But my Rocket is here to stay, I love that **** bike! "sniff sniff " ;)
Hang on Jim, im coming your way with a kleenex:D

Back