Aftermarket header only vs stock header dyno results

muleskinner

Turbocharged
Has anyone here ran an R3 on a Dyno with the addition of only an aftermarket header, exhaust and a tune, compared to a stock header with an aftermarket exhaust and a tune? If so, what were the results?

I wish I had got a base tune before I swapped to the Jardine exhaust system. I run the Jardine with a DynoJet PC-III and a stock replacement K&N air filter. My last dyno run put my at 142 HP and 140 lbs/ft of torque at the rear wheel. I belive that to be about a 20 HP jump from stock, but I didn't get a base line run, so I 'm not for sure.

With triple K&N filters and another dyno tune, there's probably another 10-15 HP available, but my bike is running great right now (except for a flat tire at the moment!) so I haven't went that route yet.

Thanks for your reply. That is the kind of info I'm looking for. I know most do a package and then go on the Dyno, but I need to know what headers alone do in HP and TQ numbers.

Carpenter header and megaphone pipe

Because of a mix up I got the $1,500+ polished set for the 1,340 base set price! However, fit is extremely tight...I spent nearly four hours with my dremel rotary tool and very fine sand paper sweating away at the interior of the tubes and the mounting bracket. Hard work but I finally got them to mate properly...I hope. We'll see:confused: Bob Carpenter says that this has not occurred with other such sets he has sold. Not surprised I get the runt of the litter. Par for this glitchy machine I suppose. Anyway, installing them on my dainty, inconsistent R3 later this week. Hope this tempermental beast can handle this modest upgrade, along with the others. Pictures to follow. Not real keen on this erratic machine these days, actually, but I'm committed to finishing it, then it can be my son's prima donna. The thrill is definitely gone.:mad:

Pipes look pretty cool though........:cool:

Back