Aftermarket Fairing: Corbin or Quadzilla?

blip

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Hello Everyone. I have been thinking long and hard about how to increase the wind protection and decrease buffeting and turbulence on my ride. I love the ride on the R3T, after about 1000km though I am more fatigued then I would like.

So .... naturally my mind went to a fairing as the solution. The other advantage of a fairing is that I have always coveted the look and functionality of a fairing (i.e. integrated radio).

Tank posted a great review of the Hoppe industries Quadzilla fairing. This is definitely a Cadillac and contains every option, bell, and whistle I could hope for. Thanks for that Tank!

I have also read a lot of positive feedback here on the corbin fleetliner fairing with regards to the areodynamics. But to my knowledge this does not have any of the bells or whistles (radio, power etc) that the quadzilla has.

What do people think of these options, or is there a third option I may not be thinking about?

I believe @Lonzol is using an HD fairing he adapted for his Blackie that looks pretty slick. I've also seen some posts for Tsukayu and Hoppe industries. There's a few posts with reviews for each so if you do a search you should be able to find rider reviews.

I believe @Lonzol is using an HD fairing he adapted for his Blackie that looks pretty slick. I've also seen some posts for Tsukayu and Hoppe industries. There's a few posts with reviews for each so if you do a search you should be able to find rider reviews.

@Lonzol, that is a really cool setup. Not sure if it would work for an R3T but great work!

Hello Everyone. I have been thinking long and hard about how to increase the wind protection and decrease buffeting and turbulence on my ride. I love the ride on the R3T, after about 1000km though I am more fatigued then I would like.

So .... naturally my mind went to a fairing as the solution. The other advantage of a fairing is that I have always coveted the look and functionality of a fairing (i.e. integrated radio).

Tank posted a great review of the Hoppe industries Quadzilla fairing. This is definitely a Cadillac and contains every option, bell, and whistle I could hope for. Thanks for that Tank!

I have also read a lot of positive feedback here on the corbin fleetliner fairing with regards to the areodynamics. But to my knowledge this does not have any of the bells or whistles (radio, power etc) that the quadzilla has.

What do people think of these options, or is there a third option I may not be thinking about?

Well, I can't speak for the others, but I did a pretty thorough review of my Corbin here on the forum. No bells and whistles, but I'm not into that...if I wanted that I would have bought another Harley. My favorite selling point is it fits the original windshield mount so you can switch back and forth easily if you like. I've grown to like the more laid back style as I have used it more. I have posted a lot of pictures and made some modification, lower wind deflectors, a dashboard, a 15" Cee Bailey windshield, others. I just posted a couple more pictures on the...high speed "Sway" post. I made some additional comments there as well. Don't buy a clearview windshield for it as they are not made heavy enough to handle the wind dynamic. Read my review and if you have questions, I will try and help. My opinion has changed a bit on a few things since the review I did.

Yeah yeah, whatever. My deceased father's name is on my windshield, I paid for it and I ride behind it. That's the opinion I listen too. If this looks like a Harley I feel for you. Probably the same attitude was present in the bathroom in Waco.

Well, I can't speak for the others, but I did a pretty thorough review of my Corbin here on the forum. No bells and whistles, but I'm not into that...if I wanted that I would have bought another Harley. My favorite selling point is it fits the original windshield mount so you can switch back and forth easily if you like. I've grown to like the more laid back style as I have used it more. I have posted a lot of pictures and made some modification, lower wind deflectors, a dashboard, a 15" Cee Bailey windshield, others. I just posted a couple more pictures on the...high speed "Sway" post. I made some additional comments there as well. Don't buy a clearview windshield for it as they are not made heavy enough to handle the wind dynamic. Read my review and if you have questions, I will try and help. My opinion has changed a bit on a few things since the review I did.

I read your review. It was suprising how much work you had to do to make the aerodynamics of the corbin fairing work for you. I wonder if the quadzilla would have the same issue.

@Lonzol, that is a really cool setup. Not sure if it would work for an R3T but great work!

Thanks blip, I've had that bike to 136 mph on the gps, it is pretty slippery though. You are correct and believe me, it was/would be alot of work to fit that fairing on any rocket as the bike it was designed for had a "narrow glide" front on it.

Lonnie

I read your review. It was suprising how much work you had to do to make the aerodynamics of the corbin fairing work for you. I wonder if the quadzilla would have the same issue.

I've popped up to about 160km I wasn't there long but I didn't notice any ill effects on the handling or aerodynamics.

I've popped up to about 160km I wasn't there long but I didn't notice any ill effects on the handling or aerodynamics.

That's good to hear :)
You mentioned in your review thread that the aerodynamics were good .... had a good air pocket for ya?

Back