nitinbaweja

Standard Bore
Hello Again people,

Had to ask another question which I presume is a popular topic...but just to get the latest info. Can anyone advise on a good/loud aftermarket exhaust...I heard of carpenter exhaust and absolutely loved it but just wanted to check if their are any other better options..and maybe cheaper :)

Thank You

I've been here a short time but my research shows our choices as being Jardine, D&D, or Triumph Off Road (TOR). Then as you've found out there is custom stuff such as Carpenter or Viking.

I had the Jardines on my 07, looked good and very powerful sound, really too loud for me.

D&D's on my 08. Nice addition, didn't need ear plugs to ride.

I think I'm going with TOR’s on my Roadster, around $550.00 US.

Also from the land down under is Reband, and CES pipes. Both offer great performance, and sound like a formula 1 race car. Carpenter still has the deepest rumble.

Hello Again people,

Had to ask another question which I presume is a popular topic...but just to get the latest info. Can anyone advise on a good/loud aftermarket exhaust...I heard of carpenter exhaust and absolutely loved it but just wanted to check if their are any other better options..and maybe cheaper :)

Thank You

just installed carpenters exhaust looks and sounds awesome

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 6
Give the Dave Platt pipes a look.
tsa49 | eBay
The OUTLAWS are said to be LOUD.

If you want PERFORMANCE rather than just noise then you NEED to change the headers. VIKING/CES/CARPENTER etc.
I use a set of Jardine headers with the "rare" THUGS. I say rare as iirc there were only 6 sets made.

R3-newbars.jpeg

I fitted Supertrapp discs to them as the wife complained.

Here's a iPhone clip of my bike doing it's lumpy "cold weather" idle caused by the big cams and a lean idle with CES. Shot this morning in an open parking lot.

The video picked up mostly engine noise but you can hear the exhaust in there on headphones. CES get quite loud at full throttle high RPM, but it's higher pitched than Carp or Jardine. With all 3 I highly recommend a noise canceling helmet or ear plugs!

Last edited:
Give the Dave Platt pipes a look.
tsa49 | eBay
The OUTLAWS are said to be LOUD.

If you want PERFORMANCE rather than just noise then you NEED to change the headers. VIKING/CES/CARPENTER etc.
I use a set of Jardine headers with the "rare" THUGS. I say rare as iirc there were only 6 sets made.

R3-newbars.jpeg

I fitted Supertrapp discs to them as the wife complained.

Scientist; There appears to be an extra shield over the headers chrome shields on your bike. What material did you use?

Back