Aftermarket exhaust supertrapp setup

Rob_The_Builder

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket III Roadster
So with the help of mully95 I bought and installed a supertrapp exhaust on my bike. For more on that you can refer to this thread:

Anyone tried XB Extremeblasters?

Originally I installed it without the mid pipe and with factory TOR map and it sounded great but I think the engine was running lean (big pops on deceleration and engine running a little hotter) so last night I received the 15 degree angled pipe in the mail and put it on and loaded up a map that Hans0 sent me couple of years ago for when I install actual after market pipes (not TORs).

It looks much better with the pipe but the sound's been muffled a lot. Mind you that noting is completely sealed on the joints and couplings so my question to all the "technicians" here is do you think the muffled sound is:
A- because of the mid-pipe
B- Because of the unsealed joints
C- Because of the new map (richer on AF table and with different values on the F tables. I dont know what these numbers on F tables represent and if someone tells me that would be great)

By the way at the moment I am running it with closed end cap as oppose to mully95 open end cap.

One last thing and this is just my opinion and mean no disrespect to anyone and anyone's opinion. I think running with secondaries completely open is just bad idea specially for riders like me who are not as experienced as most of you on this forum. You can easily meet one of our biggest adversaries, Mr. asphalt, if you are jerky with the throttle on the turns on lower gears.

Thank you and ride safe

So with the help of mully95 I bought and installed a supertrapp exhaust on my bike. For more on that you can refer to this thread:

Originally I installed it without the mid pipe and with factory TOR map and it sounded great but I think the engine was running lean (big pops on deceleration and engine running a little hotter) so last night I received the 15 degree angled pipe in the mail and put it on and loaded up a map that Hans0 sent me couple of years ago for when I install actual after market pipes (not TORs).

It looks much better with the pipe but the sound's been muffled a lot. Mind you that noting is completely sealed on the joints and couplings so my question to all the "technicians" here is do you think the muffled sound is:
C- Because of the new map (richer on AF table and with different values on the F tables. I dont know what these numbers on F tables represent and if someone tells me that would be great)

By the way at the moment I am running it with closed end cap as oppose to mully95 open end cap.

One last thing and this is just my opinion and mean no disrespect to anyone and anyone's opinion. I think running with secondaries completely open is just bad idea specially for riders like me who are not as experienced as most of you on this forum. You can easily meet one of our biggest adversaries, Mr. asphalt, if you are jerky with the throttle on the turns on lower gears.

Thank you and ride safe
I just removed everything but the header and added a slash cut slip on straight thru looks great and lost a lot of weight it really cleaned up the back of the bike

Did you change your map too? apparently (and I m no expert on the issue) if you open up the tail end you could be running lean because of the easier gas flows in general.

Did you change your map too? apparently (and I m no expert on the issue) if you open up the tail end you could be running lean because of the easier gas flows in general.
did some tweaking but will hit the dyno next it feels very good no flat spots and it pulls hard to rev limit and lowend roll on is much stronger than stock

Thank you and ride safe
Totally respect your opinion and own riding limitations regarding secondaries , but I find I can weave through traffic far quicker with them removed ! that and the intake sucks in bigger animals !
secondaries are a non equation even when some members here have superchargers, Turbos and carpenter engines and member @Claviger wont be happy til he leaves his house and goes so fast he gets home the day before . I dont think hes too far off either ? and we also have a certain Irish member who has so many tuned parts he has an instrument cluster like a Lancaster bomber ! by the way , you never see him in person coz I heard he gets mad at people who snigger coz his arms are now 5ft long and he no longer has a neck , but that's only here say , I've never had the pleasure of meeting him .I would however be very wary of any Irishman who looked like Mr Hyde in the film League of Extraordary gentlemen . He was only small when he first fitted his supercharger ! :D

Smart enough to respond to someone who hasn't been on the forum for over 9 months :rolleyes::p:roll::roll::roll:
Steel he is a friend of mine. And if you must know he saw the post. Be smart enough to mind your business. I was warned about people like you on this forum and sure eniugh! He didn't use the word people either.

Steel he is a friend of mine. And if you must know he saw the post. Be smart enough to mind your business. I was warned about people like you on this forum and sure eniugh! He didn't use the word people either.
I should have known by the quote that you knew him. I was slow on that one. I just got off the phone with the old grouch.

Back