After the Stebel, what to do with the stock horn and cover? ELIMINATE THEM!

JSHRAM

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Installed the Stebel.. awesome.

Then I was installing my handlebars and stuff (another post when I get to it) and wanted more light up front (don't we all?). I had to disconnect the wires from the stock, puny, wimpy, tiny, minuscule horn to power the relay for the stebel, so there I was looking at it and thought.. (bear with my mind rattles here):

"Hey, what is that cover for?... Yeah, it's only there to cover the fore mentioned horn so if I don't have the horn, why do I need it?"

"But wait... (after I removed the horn), there is a lot of space here now, probably enough for a light if I find one the right size (approximately 3.5" in diameter)"

"hmmmm I guess I'll surf e-bay for lights.. that should be daunting (and it was)"

I had to find a light that had the right diameter but wasn't overly deep. I searched and found several "Halo ring" lights, which I thought would be an interesting thing to have there, under and between the headlights.. kindof like two big eyes and a round mouth going "Oooooooo"..

So, I found an LED light with the ring and with a bright light. I wired the halo to a continuous (switched with ignition) power, then wired the center beam to the high-beam.

Probably the most difficult part, besides finding the light and hoping the china-shipped light wasn't a POS, was making the bracket. The bracket mounts are level with the ground providing a platform for a light to aim with the other lights (nice), but the bracket had to cradle the light (round)... anyway, you can look at the photos. I ended up painting the bracket black and using black zip-ties which made it pretty much disappear behind the black lower triple-clamp and the black forks.

Oh, also pictured is the cover in-between the lights (that used to surround the switch, but I relocated that). I cut it down and painted it black.. really opens it up and looks cleaner in my opinion. anyway, a secondary thing.

John

Last edited:
what what a great idea. I too have recently put in a stebel and have done nothing with the old horn
you you have given me a good idea. I'm off in hunt to find a smiley face light to compliment my two Daymakers!

what what a great idea. I too have recently put in a stebel and have done nothing with the old horn
you you have given me a good idea. I'm off in hunt to find a smiley face light to compliment my two Daymakers!
steve spending and more spending !!
did you notice the crash bars!!!! from germany I believe now that is quite the setup

steve spending and more spending !!
did you notice the crash bars!!!! from germany I believe now that is quite the setup

I see nothing those 1½ will do that my 1¼ will not.
Also the odd-ball size makes mounting pegs, lights or puke jug difficult.
Their price is also outrageous!
How are you enjoying la France?

I see nothing those 1½ will do that my 1¼ will not.
Also the odd-ball size makes mounting pegs, lights or puke jug difficult.
Their price is also outrageous!
How are you enjoying la France?

That is very true... and there's nothing D cups can do that B cups can't do, and B cups can go jogging and do ballet.... but we all know D cups are better.

:laugh::thumbsup:

Back