After opening up 2nds to 100%

CrackaNMC

.020 Over
Just thought Id mention that Ive found my bike gives me better engine braking after using tuneECU to open up the secondaries to be 100% in every cell.

In all much better power on performance, better trottle control around roundabouts and better engine braking.

Definately worth doing in case anyone is wondering.

You are now giving the MAP sensor a better signal when engine/compression braking. This causes the idle air control servo on the primary thottle shaft to react a bit differently.

FWIW, some ECUs are now using the IASC/ISCV servo to reduce engine braking under decel. By keeping the throttle open a bit more under decel, the compression braking is reduced. Triumph uses this on the later D675 engines to keep from using a slipper clutch. And I have used this approach on some road race bikes and cars using aftermarket engine management. A simple solution in my opinion.

Thanks tripp you are a goldmine of knowledge :)

I like the new improvement in engine braking especially for pack riding. Was starting to think i might need a small boat anchor out the back to stop me pushing into the so called big twins ;)

Back