Adjusting engine timing/ Timing chain refit

RooK

Supercharged
Ride
'06 RIII
Sorry if the answer is already somewhere in here, I couldn't find any thread about camshaft removal.

Had the camshafts out, putting it all back together then the shop manual calls for a Triumph tool to keep the cams in place before fitting the timing chain.

Is there a way to do this without that tool?

@warp9.9 has been known to lend his tool to respectable folk. I don't know if you fit in that category. :rolleyes:

I would lend you mine if only I had one.
Yes either @mexican or @skydog1000 has it but is just a postage stamp away I lone it to people with the understanding if the muck it up they order a replacement so I can keep loaning it out. If they want to send it to me I will gladly send it to you. or for faster service we can have them send it directly to you.

Yes either @mexican or @skydog1000 has it but is just a postage stamp away I lone it to people with the understanding if the muck it up they order a replacement so I can keep loaning it out. If they want to send it to me I will gladly send it to you. or for faster service we can have them send it directly to you.
I have it, i was going to give it to you in Virginia unless you tell me otherways:)

I have it, i was going to give it to you in Virginia unless you tell me otherways:)
Fine with me but two things does Menudo come with it (Frozen is fine) and if the rook speaks up and you mail it to him do I still get the Menudo :D
Oh an dhow is the beast running not that it is as important as Menudo :D

Thanks Warp, I appreciate it.
I actually ordered one, was $77CAD Living in Canada shipping is expensive and slow with custom so I thought that was a better option.

In the future If someone in Canada needs one let me know, I'll sent it their way!

This is what I used which I am sure a 20 mm will probably work

SAM_0950.JPG

I cut it short so I did not have to mess with the frame. Used it to dial my cams in but bet it would work well for just rotating them.

Back