Adding the 2020 GT backrest to a 2020 R

mlindsay

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket Rgt :D
So I added the backrest to my R using these instructions. I got it installed, it is a little misaligned, so I'm going to take it off and redo it. I had a couple of questions. Apologies of these are too basic :D

1. Page 7, Step 11. Placing the upper tie bar. So the picture shows the tar bow with the 'bow' facing into the bike, but the L on top. To make the bow face into my bike, the L is on the bottom of the Left hand side. L up or down? :)
  2. Putting that tie bar on was really hard to keep the backrest mounting bars spaced properly without a ton of force. Which is probably what led to things not being 100 square. I assume that was a condition of me keeping the OTHER end of the backrest mounting a wee bit tight. You are supposed to put them on loosely, then tighten after everything is all said and done.
All advice welcome. I know its a simple thing :D

what is your feeling from this combination? i wanted it too, but seller does not recommend it very very strongly.

Is here someone from/nearby Slovakia, who would sell his R fillers? I don't want the GT backrest, I ride alone.

Back