Added some stuff

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
Good day today. Mounted my Hagon shocks, a set of Rivco risers, a 1.4 kw starter, my Pretech 6 pot calipers and Spiegler ss braided brake lines.

By the way, I want to add, the Hagons are fantastic. I previously put Progressive springs on the front, didn't notice that much difference, kind of "eh", it's hard to appreciated them when the rears still suck, but the combination is wonderful. and the Rivco risers ended up being a must after changing to Classic bars, I hated to spend that much on a couple little chunks of metal, but a 350 mile day convinced me I needed them. Classic bars have a much better wrist angle, but were too far away, gave me a backache for the first time after 26,000 miles on the bike. Starter spins noticeably faster, going to add a second battery before I go for the Carpenter package. The new pads aren't bedded in yet, but my initial impression is that the initial bite doesn't feel much different, but if you really have to squeeze them, total stopping power is better.

On the Spiegler ss braided brake lines ...... Do they have all the measurements and so forth for these lines to the point all I have to do is pick out the colors I want? Which is black on black of course. lol

No, they have a diagram on their web page, you have to measure all 3 lengths and choose fittings. Well, I shouldn't say that, mine were custom, due to the Pretechs and Classic bars on a Touring. They may know stock measurements and fittings, ask them.

I fitted the Hagons (20mm extra length) and progressive fork springs some time ago last year and can honestly say I love them I tried the classic bar and found they turned in to much I run the Std bar pulled back a tad on the Rivco risers and love them haven't given much thought to the brakes as they are quite good but thanks to Marland (mully95) for posting a link will be looking into fitting the S3 rotors and maybe some braided lines in RED of course :D to match my RED Silicone radiator hoses

I fitted the Hagons (20mm extra length) and progressive fork springs some time ago last year and can honestly say I love them I tried the classic bar and found they turned in to much I run the Std bar pulled back a tad on the Rivco risers and love them haven't given much thought to the brakes as they are quite good but thanks to Marland (mully95) for posting a link will be looking into fitting the S3 rotors and maybe some braided lines in RED of course :D to match my RED Silicone radiator hoses

You will need a foxtail on an antenna too.

I had gotten some Galfer Wave rotors (marked Speed Triple, same as the Pretechs), apparently S3 and Rockets share the same rotors and calipers. Unfortunately the Tourings are completely different, I had to return them.

I looked at the Hagon Nitro shocks but I ended up going for the Progressive 444s instead... I've got them set real firm so I still get my ass kicked on hard bumps, but they eliminated wallowing in corners and they dampen better on rough terrain. At least the way I have them set I wouldn't call them a comfort upgrade, but they seem to be a significant performance upgrade.

I would love to know what you think of the Nitros after a couple thousand miles!

That's a great bit of work you got done there Tripps! I have to get back on a steady diet of rice and beans to pay for all the stuff I've already done. If I can actually get into the black again I'm thinking of looking into one of the Carpenter kits but keeping my Reband pipes. I know I'll lose peak HP, but if it's not too dramatic and I get better low end torque I'd be happy with the tradeoff.

Back